Vodafone are upsetting my wife ** WRT135 [#10743451] **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lee : many thanks.

If it doesn't look like it will be resolved imminently, is a call forward to the current Voda temporary number or to a new Voda SIM an option to help the OP?

Any progress with this aaron32?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Hi Tobyjugg2

Sorry i haven't updated recently, caught up in trying to organize a house move.

Since my last update Lee has tried to contact my wife (I think she missed his call yesterday) but currently we still do not have the number ported, nothing has changed and we are still waiting.

The lebara sim is definitely no longer working and call forwarding is not an option as when the number is dialed the line gets cut instantly (ref to BazzaS post), so we are still in limbo. My wife tells me that vodafone have said they will release her from her contract, but i dont have any more information to hand just now. We are hoping to find out whats going on when Lee calls her back. I will update this after our next correspondence.

Hi Tobyjugg2

Sorry i haven't updated recently, caught up in trying to organize a house move.

Since my last update Lee has tried to contact my wife (I think she missed his call yesterday) but currently we still do not have the number ported, nothing has changed and we are still waiting.

The lebara sim is definitely no longer working and call forwarding is not an option as when the number is dialed the line gets cut instantly (ref to BazzaS post), so we are still in limbo. My wife tells me that vodafone have said they will release her from her contract, but i dont have any more information to hand just now. We are hoping to find out whats going on when Lee calls her back. I will update this after our next correspondence.

I would seriously consider asking vodaphone for a PAC code and take out a 30 day rolling monthly contract with someone else. The Peoples Operator seems to be cheapest by far at the moment - uses EE.

Problem might be that VF have completely ballixed the transfer and TPO would end up with similar issues transferring your number from VF.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I would seriously consider asking vodaphone for a PAC code and take out a 30 day rolling monthly contract with someone else. The Peoples Operator seems to be cheapest by far at the moment - uses EE.

Problem might be that VF have completely ballixed the transfer and TPO would end up with similar issues transferring your number from VF.

I think that in order to obtain the PAC code Vodafone would surly have to have the number in the first place? I dont know if this is the case. If they have the number i dont see why there wold be an issue in assigning it to my wifes Sim? Will have to ask vodafone. thanks for the suggestion though. good idea.

Points to consider if you go down this route:

1) Good that Voda have agreed to release your wife from the contract, but make sure they aren't at the same time releasing themselves from responsibility - you don't want them later saying "the number has gone, you aren't our customer any more, not our problem".

2) If you want a contract to port into, it may be worth porting first into a PAYG SIM on that network as a short term measure. Once the port has gone through you have the number safe, and can then move from PAYG to contract. This avoids the situation where you take out a new contract with a different provider, the port issue doesnt get resolved, and you are stuck paying for a contract that still dosnt have the number you want associated with it.

Points to consider if you go down this route:

1) Good that Voda have agreed to release your wife from the contract, but make sure they aren't at the same time releasing themselves from responsibility - you don't want them later saying "the number has gone, you aren't our customer any more, not our problem".

2) If you want a contract to port into, it may be worth porting first into a PAYG SIM on that network as a short term measure. Once the port has gone through you have the number safe, and can then move from PAYG to contract. This avoids the situation where you take out a new contract with a different provider, the port issue doesnt get resolved, and you are stuck paying for a contract that still dosnt have the number you want associated with it.

Point 1

If VF have lost that number, then there is little chance of anything except more delays, and no real chance it could be recovered.

Point 2 - TPO seems a good and cheap operator, using EE and is only 30 days rolling so no long contract, and again:if VF have lost the number it is almost certainly lost with nothing to be done about it.

Any compensation from VF, can be pursued without the other issues complicating life for the op.

The Tory Legacy

my wife has just told me that the PAC code from Lebara is only valid for 30 days, then what happens if the number is not transferred? does it stay with Lebara. Problem is the sim is no longer active, so will Lebara assign it to someone else? I guess that as Vodafone have had the pac, they will have tried to get the number, so it is ultimately Vodafone who have lost the number?

Lee if you read this and try to contact my wife, she says that she has missed your calls as er phone is on silent when the baby is asleep, Please can you either leave a contact number for her to get back to you on if she doesn't answer, contact myself, or email her/ myself so that we can sort things out. Thank you

my wife has just told me that the PAC code from Lebara is only valid for 30 days, then what happens if the number is not transferred? does it stay with Lebara. Problem is the sim is no longer active, so will Lebara assign it to someone else? I guess that as Vodafone have had the pac, they will have tried to get the number, so it is ultimately Vodafone who have lost the number?

Lee if you read this and try to contact my wife, she says that she has missed your calls as er phone is on silent when the baby is asleep, Please can you either leave a contact number for her to get back to you on if she doesn't answer, contact myself, or email her/ myself so that we can sort things out. Thank you

aaron,

Have you asked lebara if they still have the number and/or can cancel the transfer and have the number back on their sim?

Addendum

Its likely the port has been processed as you say the lebara sim has stopped woorking, and you may find that the lebara account is closed, but it might be worth a try, and might clarify the current state of affairs and your options a little more.

The Tory Legacy

A final update.

The number has been Ported! My wife called me from her old number this morning.

A big thank you to Lee for sorting things out for us, and thank you to all who have read and advised on this post. A fantastic resource without which i am sure that the matter would not have been resolved as we would not have known where to turn.

As things stand Vodafone have ported the number and offered my wife the option of leaving her contract without penalty. I am not sure how she will want to move forward from here, though i do know she is very happy to have her number back.

All the best

Aaron

Hi

Until VF get their act together regarding customer services, I would suggest that she gets out now. Plenty of other operators will offer better customer services

Oh yes, well done for getting this far. I don't feel a 'resolved' title is required as yet until everything is fully cleared.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Good point. I think that we are just happy to have her old number back as we thought we had lost it. I am sure she will weigh up the options available to her and decide what to do for the best.

The problem we came to the forum with has been sorted and so to that end we are happy. I agree that telephone customer services with VF leave a lot to be desired. Fortunately through this website we were able to negate the telephone customer services and that made things much less upsetting. I just wanted to round off the thread and let people know how things have panned out. i will find out what my wife wants to do and leave a final final post when she decides which way to jump. :)

As things stand Vodafone have ported the number and offered my wife the option of leaving her contract without penalty.

Great news on the number Aaron, and well done Lee.

I think that 'kind' offer to let you leave without penalty is ... well I don't how to describe it.

No offer of compensation? Not even refund the months of undelivered service?

If that is the case, then cut and run and never return would seem to me to be the only sensible option.

The Tory Legacy

Great news on the number Aaron, and well done Lee.

I think that 'kind' offer to let you leave without penalty is ... well I don't how to describe it.

No offer of compensation? Not even refund the months of undelivered service?

If that is the case, then cut and run and never return would seem to me to be the only sensible option.

I think Voda made a hash of this.

Yes the number "belongs" to the network, but (for example) I've had mine since 1998, and keeping it is pretty important to me.

However, if the OP (or, their wife) got a new handset (subsidised from SIM-free cost) as part of a 1 year or 2 year contract, then Voda are giving them something for their troubles : the subsidy on the phone, that Voda now won't recover over the original minimum term.

Is that enough? Not my call, but it is some compensation.

BTW: OP, as well as releasing you, are Voda going to unlock the handset prior to ending the contract?

IMHO releasing you but not unlocking the handset would be mean spirited.

Hi aaron42,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that your wife's number has been successfully transferred.

Once she's let me know what she'd like to do moving forward, I'll get back to her as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK