Vodafone are upsetting my wife ** WRT135 [#10743451] **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am a forum virgin so sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place,

Please can some one offer any advice on how i resolve an issue we are having with Vodafone. My wife has just called me in tears after being fobbed off and hung up on again by Vodafone customer support.

I will start at the beginning, we have been customers of Vodafone for some time, recently my wife's contract expired and we decided to upgrade her phone and contract. After a visit to car phone ware house a promising looking package was offered to here and she signed up for a 2 year contract with a fancy new phone. The contract is with Vodafone and when she signed for the contract we were told that she would have to port her number to another provider and then port it back to Vodafone (something to do with the way the new contract would be set up, not sure i followed 100% but we took her at her word), We did as we were asked and obtained a free sim from Lebara and ported the number over to them (it took 2 days before it was active on the labara sim), we then obtained a PAC code from Lebara and called Vodafone to get the number put back on my wife's new phone. This was 3 weeks ago, despite being promised that the number would be ported within 48 hours.

My wife has been calling customer support regularly and keeps getting told that it will happen immanently, in 24 hours within the next few days etc, again nothing has happened, today she was put on hold for a long time and then disconnected without explanation.

As she has not been able to use the phone as she wants too she asked for the contract to be terminated, Vodafone have not fixed the problem and have told her that to terminate the contract will be very expensive. we now appear to be stuck in a contract with a random phone number that we are not happy with and don't want. My wife has had the same number for years, all of her friends and family have this number, Having recently had our first baby its very important that her friends are available to her for support, this has not been a great situation to be in.

Is there anything we can do to get her her number back, or get Vodafone to transfer the requested number as we originally asked them to do. at the moment it feels like we are being fobbed off and made to live with a new number because they have not been able to transfer her old number. we are not feeling like valued customers and don't want to be forced to pay for a service that is not what we want.

Any advice would be very welcome

Hi aaron42 and welcome to CAG

I will move your thread to the appropriate forum to enable the best advice.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Please start off by reading our customer services guide.

Implement the advice there an then make some more calls to Vodafone and see what admissions or conflicting information you can get on your recording.

The arrangement to you have described to port the number is very strange and frankly I don't believe it - not you, them.

Please start off by reading our customer services guide.

Implement the advice there an then make some more calls to Vodafone and see what admissions or conflicting information you can get on your recording.

The arrangement to you have described to port the number is very strange and frankly I don't believe it - not you, them.

The "arrangement" is / was precisely what used to be done by individuals when they wanted an upgrade, keeping their number, when there were better deals for new connections than upgrades.

Port out the number to a different network, usually to a PAYG, then back in to the original network, as it counts as a new connection. It is unlikely the network would have advised this, but more likely CPW did so, in order to get their "new connection" fees.

OP: You can contact Lee, Voda's rep on CAG, by the means suggested by Scott:

Get Lee to have a look............

CAG has a very successful vodafone Rep operating here.

We would advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here ( http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135' and then state CAG Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post this reference in your thread as soon as possible.

Vodafone UK.

CAG.

Regards,

Scott.

The "arrangement" is / was precisely what used to be done by individuals when they wanted an upgrade, keeping their number, when there were better deals for new connections than upgrades.

Port out the number to a different network, usually to a PAYG, then back in to the original network, as it counts as a new connection. It is unlikely the network would have advised this, but more likely CPW did so, in order to get their "new connection" fees.

Yes. I think that this is precisely what has happened. There has been some dishonesty here and someone has managed to get themselves some extra commission. This may be an ongoing practice.

If Lee sees this then he should flag it up urgently to VF as you may have stumbled upon a fraud which is being carried out against VF.

In gratitude, I think that Lee should take some special effort to get you sorted.

Which CPW was it? It may be that this has happened a lot there. I am sure that VF will have the records.

I would consider contacting ActionFraud.

I have amended your thread title to include the Vodafone Ref number and sent an S.O.S to Lee for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have amended your thread title to include the Vodafone Ref number and sent an S.O.S to Lee for you.

Thank you citizenB and bank fodder. I will update the thread as things happen. Hopefully Lee will be able to shed a little more light. Much appreciated.

Yes. I think that this is precisely what has happened. There has been some dishonesty here and someone has managed to get themselves some extra commission. This may be an ongoing practice.

The more I think about it, I think you could be right. When I asked why we had to move the number and couldn't just end one contract and start another we were told that Vodafone charged a fee for doing this. I don't think that they do in hind sight, when I called to obtain the code to transfer the number they put us through to customer retention and they said as much, however we were advised by Cph to be adamant that we just wanted the code.

Edited by citizenB

Hi Lee

I am not sure how to get in touch with you other than via this post, You told my wife that the problem would be sorted by end of play today. So far nothing has changed. Please could you get in touch and let us know what is happening.

Thanks

Aaron

fko, the OP already did this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

fko, the OP already did this.

Hi Citb

He said he couldnt find anyway to get in contact with them other than via this post :)

Hope this gets resolved.

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Citb

He said he couldnt find anyway to get in contact with them other than via this post :)

Hope this gets resolved.

My apologies, :)

BCOBS

Thanks for getting in touch Lee,

To update this post, Lee has been in touch with my wife and escalated the issue twice, still nothing has happened. My wife still does not have her number ported across, and we are still do not know what has gone wrong.

It is becoming more and more of an issue as it has been weeks now and we are missing appointments due to not being informed.

Last week i took the day off to take my infant son and wife for vaccinations, only to find that on arrival the appointment had been cancelled. We were informed that the Dr had tried to get in touch but was unable to get through due to the number not working and the appointment had to be rescheduled. This will cost me another day off. When it comes to the health and well being of my family i will not mess around, Very annoyed.

I do not know what else we can do other than wait for Vodafone to sort the problem. I am annoyed with car phone warehouse for telling us that we had to port the number in the first place, this whole fiasco could have been avoided, however i am also annoyed with Vodafone for not doing what they are supposed to. They have the PAC code, We will lose the number forever if it is not ported back to Vodafone and we do not want this as so many friends, family and services have it. Is there anything else we can do to resolve the problem. It is causing a lot of stress.

I understand your frustration, but why not use the sim with the number on it and not use the vodaphone sim?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

I understand your frustration, but why not use the sim with the number on it and not use the vodaphone sim?

This would depend on if the port hadn't happened (Lebara SIM still working), or had "started but not completed" (Lebara SIM not working any more)

OP, is the Lebara SIM still working with the original number?

Thanks for the comments.

I will have to check if the Lebara sim is stopped working, i feel that it has.

The Lebara sim is only supposed to be a temporary solution though, we don't want to pay as you go and have a contract with Vodafone. The number will need to be ported to another provider at some point as PAYG is not a long term solution in my opinion. Better packages are available on contract and it is a permanent contact number (so we thought), Also i don't think that the Lebara would do all the other things that the Vodafone contract does such as internet etc (not terribly techno savvy). We have not used the lebara sim to make any calls at all, maybe that's the problem? maybe they are annoyed that the sim was only used as a resting place for the number and hasn't made any money for them. Even so it should not prevent Vodafone from recovering the number?

Thanks for the comments.

I will have to check if the Lebara sim is stopped working, i feel that it has.

The Lebara sim is only supposed to be a temporary solution though, we don't want to pay as you go and have a contract with Vodafone. The number will need to be ported to another provider at some point as PAYG is not a long term solution in my opinion. Better packages are available on contract and it is a permanent contact number (so we thought), Also i don't think that the Lebara would do all the other things that the Vodafone contract does such as internet etc (not terribly techno savvy). We have not used the lebara sim to make any calls at all, maybe that's the problem? maybe they are annoyed that the sim was only used as a resting place for the number and hasn't made any money for them. Even so it should not prevent Vodafone from recovering the number?

You still want Voda to sort out the mess. It is just that you note you have been missing calls and texts, and if the Lebara SIM is still working you can avoid missing them by using it while its still working and while Voda are sorting it out.

I'm not advocating it as a long term solution, just giving you the essentials (accepting it may not have internet) while it is being sorted, IF it is still working with the number that is precious to you.

If the Lebara SIM isn't working, can Voda arrange for calls to be forwarded from the number precious to you to an alternative number (I've heard of calls being forwarded, but not texts, but you might ask about both calls and texts being forwarded)?, again - as an interim measure to avoid you missing them while it is being resolved?

BazzaS makes a number of the ponits I would have follwed with :)

But also consider the following:

Most PAYG require you to use the service at least a minimum amount to ensure it does not get cancelled.

If it does get cancelled through lack/no use, then YOUR NUMBER WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE LOST.

Check that PAYG sim in a phone as quickly as possible via a call to one of your other phones.

This will show whether your long-term number is still on that phone

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Thank you BazzaS and tobyjugg2

The Lebara sim stopped working a while ago my wife tells me. It has apparently been in her phone the whole time and every time i have tried to call it the line gets cut instantly so the Lebara sim is not working at all as far as i can tell. We have not been able to make calls from the phone either. haven't been able to since we had the sim.