Plusnet trying to close my account following my complaint to CISAS

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

Would welcome any views on my current situation with Plusnet.

I have had ongoing issues with my broadband and telephone for over a year- I have given them multiple chances to resolve these problems. Eventually I had to email their CEO to force them to engage with me and the fault even investigated.

Despite being told multiple times that there were faults external to my property I was repeatedly told to "change your wireless channel".

Eventually I had to complain to CISAS.

Shortly after my complaint to CISAS, Plusnet removed from their online ticket support system all records of the conversations we had had prior to their being forced to investigate- this included the year long history of my contact, their responses etc. All that remained was the initial response to my CEO email.

Since CISAS closed the call - we are awaiting their decision but they will no longer accept further evidence - Plusnet have become increasing more difficult to deal with.

Last week they unexpectedly told me that I had an outstanding amount to be paid and they cut my services. There is no outstanding bill and I asked them to raise a bill enabling me to pay this amount, albeit under duress.

Since then they have ignored all contact with me and there is no way I can pay this outstanding amount as my account shows no outstanding bill.

Today I receive a letter stating "as a result of your outstanding balance your account has been deactivated".

They are not responding to any contact from me.

I work from home and am a full time carer to my disabled son - who is educated via an online 'virtual' school - and Plusnet are aware of this. Without access to the internet I cannot work and my son cannot be educated. They are now refusing to respond to my many contacts: phone, email and twitter all ignored.

I suspect they will continue to ignore me until enough time has passed to close my contract. My main contact there - Matthew Wheeler - has been phenomenally bad at dealing with these issues and now just doesn't respond at all.

Avoid at all costs.

Hello debbiehb2,

I'm having problems with Plusnet mine is the next topic, I know how you feel and I was told a lot of lies. I have borrowed a dongle to get me onto the internet from my sister, £7.50 for a month with 1 gigabyte. I don't know how much the dongle is to buy but it might help you get back online. Good luck with Plusnet. pin62.

For the first time Plusnet actually called me yesterday.

Matthew Wheeler's first sentence? "I assume you're calling to clear the outstanding bill." Yes, we've had over a year of bad services and that's exactly why I'm calling.

When asked to explain why he'd written the bill off as a "goodwill gesture" and then restricted my services when it wasn't paid - he couldn't.

But, and you couldn't make this up, he then went on to say that "as a goodwill gesture" he was willing to halve my bill!

I had to ask him to call me back as my phone line was so poor I couldn't hear him.

Their resolution to my poor broadband is to restrict my line speed to 1-2mb as "that's the only way we can provide a consistent service"- people might like to bear that in mind when they're choosing a supplier.

They have actually gone ahead and done this - despite my emailing them questions as to why this is the only solution and asking for answers before they went ahead - so as I hope you'll all see, it's a farce.

Thanks for the info re solicitor, I will contact them.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I have to say that we don't see that much in the way of complaints about PlusNet but even then, no one is perfect.

As they are now refusing to deal with you, I would change provider. PlusNet cannot stop this process and the new provider does all the work, including getting a MAC code if needed.

I would also be sending PlusNet a SAR. This will cost you £10 but it will get back all the account data and comms between you and them. If anything has been deleted, something should show where any action has been taken on the computer records.

There is a SAR template in our library which you can adapt to your particular circumstances.

You want ALL data they hold and if they fail to supply it all, you can go to the Information Commissioner.

Not all telecoms companies keep phone recordings but if you can get the dates and times of your calls to them and if they are available, they should supply them too.

If you have emails from them, print them out and keep them somewhere safe. The same applies to emails sent to them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have to agree, been with Plusnet some 3 years now and have always found their customer service to be one of the better ones.

But no-one is perfect, and I read your dealings with them with interest debbie.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

P.S. Is someone giving you info via PM? Just that you make references to a solicitor and 'links' that I can't see mentioned in any responses??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do the same as I advised on this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448141-Plusnet-connection-issues&p=4756321#post4756321 - and contact the big boss - andy.baker@plus.net - and let him know how you feel about the company he is running and ask him if it is on his instruction that they delete all past contacts and conversations.