BankFodder BankFodder

dean76

Closing a pension credit claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1695 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My father made a claim last week, everything went as expected and they told him the amount he can expect to receive(which wasn't much) and that my father can expect a home visit.

He thought about it over the weekend and decided the amount wasn't worth the hassle and he didn't want anyone coming to his door anyway.....:|

As he hadn't actually received any money I thought it would be simple to close the claim with a telephone call, but apparently not. They've asked him to send them a letter instructing them that he no longer wants it. Is this normal practice? Seems like a long winded way to go about things

Yes that's pretty standard, especially for a claim that's just been made. It's so unusual to close down a paying benefit claim that they like it backed up in writing.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Thanks. Would've been easier on the phone, but I don't suppose writing a short letter will be too much hassle