Bank Holidays and days of.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and 1 other is salaried. They have been with the company for over 25 years and when the company was taken over they honored our contracts. All others are paid a basic salary plus a percentage of the job they do. It is great of them to honor our contracts but by god does he know it.

He does 1 week a month where he is on call and will do 12 days in a row beginning on the Saturday. His on call finishes on the following Friday and will get sat, sun and mon of. This week he put in a holiday request for a holiday over the August bank holiday. He will be coming of his on call weekend so he asked could he have the next week of as an holiday. What he requested is the bank holiday as a holiday and the Tuesday as a rest day? But he has been told that he can't take the Tuesday as his rest day because Monday is his rest day. Which will mean he looses his bank holiday because they class that as his rest day is this right?

When all other members are on call they do not do contract work only on call jobs. But my husband and the other lad get sent to contract work. They can also end up doing work on his bosses house or hosing down car parks as they aren't allowed to sit waiting for a job like the other lads. They tend to use them as well for late jobs because they are salaried and makes no difference to them. My husband found one of his colleagues P60 he'd left in his van and was shocked as this lad was paid £2,500 a year more than him. But the lads all do the same work the only difference is he is salaried and they aren't. They have worked out that they actually do far more and are being used to keep working costs down. He has brought it up before and they said they'd look into it. When they'd looked into it they said you don't get the same as you are salaried ??? this is very unfair. My husband is 52 and being paid so much less than a 24 year old seems so unfair.

Every year my husband and the other lad have never had Christmas or New Year off. They both have to do either one but the rest of the lads are of and have been since they were taken over 2 years ago. Its all taking its toll on him and I fear he will end up telling them to stuff it and walking out. He has worked with his boss for 27 years and helped him build both of his businesses. Since he merged with this new company and his company take around a million pounds per year he has treated my husband so differently the respect he had for him has gone. They go on holiday expecting my husband to run his other company whilst they are away but they don't tell him. He is told by text or when the lads turn up at our home wanting work sheets.

I don't know enough about working laws so wondered how he stands. TIA