Plusnet connection issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please?

I have been having problems with my internet and phone connection for over a good few months.

It's been fixed now and I was told by the person I was dealing with at Plusnet that I would get the next 3 months free because I had been messed about.

I have been told many things by Plusnet and I have come to realize that they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Our main contract ran out on the 26th of May and after that we were on a rolling contract.

Because of all the lies I had been told I stopped our direct debit as that was our only option and was going to restart it after the 3 months free that I had been told.

They tried to collect my payment from the bank and because I had stopped the payment they stopped me getting the full internet and if I searched for anything it would direct me to Plusnet page

.What I would like to know is am I in my rights to do what I have done.

They are also saying there is no mention of the 3 months free that they promised me.

Any help and information is much appreciated.

Thanks pin62

It's never a wise move to just stop a payment arrangement for anything without first consulting or letting the company know.

Personally, as you're not under contract, I would leave them and move to another supplier.

Hello conniff, I will be moving to another supplier just wanted to wait and see if the Plusnet would contact me again today. Since my contract has run out I have been paying over£30 a month on a rolling contract. When they first offered me the 3 months I was going to give them another chance but I also was seeing if I had more problems. I had a feeling also that they would not keep to the offer so thats why I stopped it at the bank and I was right. They started on Saturday to restrict my internet and that's been like it since I'll just wait for them to disconnect me now. pin 62.

I just don't understand these companies that have no customer respect and think they are so big that they are the boss and what they say goes. It's abuse and would nice if they could be made to pay in some way. It's not just ISPs, it seems to be all companies but the Mobile Phone operators and Internet Service Providers seem to be the worse.

If you go with either BT or Virgin, keep in mind that you will get between 50 and 60% off the monthly line rental if you pay the full 12 months up front. I've done that and it's a big saving.