little teacup

PC World

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1459 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can someone give me some idea on my rights at PC World.

My husband bought a desktop computer just over 3 months ago. It was ok at the beginning but then began to slow down and takes minutes to refresh or open a new page.

We took it back to PC World today and they ran a diagnostic test and said it was working perfectly and it must be a software problem. They would do a factory re-set for £50.00!

I asked if the re-set does not solve the problem what would they do and they said as the software is not covered by the guarantee they would send it back to the manufacturers.

Is this procedure by PC World correct?

Many thanks

LT

it may be software. slowing down due to things running eg updates, virus scanning, dodgy software, etc. in such cases just needs settings/software tweaks. can be done diy.

but if it is hardware/fault, then they have to deal (no reset fee), or if you want you can go direct to the manufacturer.

IMO

:-):rant:

go run glary utils

if you want help

pop team viewer on it and PM me the ID and password

and i'll do it remotely for you FOC

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

It's highly likely that your problem is software related. Furthermore, it's probably something you have downloaded or installed. If it's NOT software related then you are covered by your guarantee. You need to back up anything you want to keep and then perform a "system reset". Check your instructions or do a Google search. This is what PCW will charge £50 for. If the problem is cured after the reset then you can carry on as normal. If the problem is NOT cured after the system restore then you have a hardware fault and PCW need to repair or replace or refund...

damn I knew I was in the wrong business £50 for pressing a couple of buttons and letting the computer do the rest . seriously doi what #4 did and keep your £50

Thanks for all you replies.

I have done a re-set and everything seems ok.

To be honest all we put on the computer was the Plusnet protection which is McAfee and a few CD's!

Heres hoping its ok now.

LT

just one little note quite a lot of software these days that is free comes bundled with all add on etc like toolbars serach engine . Just be aware of what your installing

Thanks for all you replies.

I have done a re-set and everything seems ok.

To be honest all we put on the computer was the Plusnet protection which is McAfee ..!

Heres hoping its ok now.

LT

mcafee, say no more, likely to have bloated it :) i bet without that installed all is ok.

IMO

:-):rant: