NCP Cardiff Central Station - PCN for wrong Registration number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Apologies I am sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find one exactly the same:-

I parked my car at NCP Cardiff Central Station, I parked correctly in a space, I paid £9.30 for 1 day and I paid for the correct vehicle registration number online and I have a receipt.

When I returned to the car there was a little yellow package waiting for me, the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) states that registration number *X** *** was Code B3 parked without clearly displaying the required valid pay and display ticket and no other cashless parking payments detected.

My registration number is *K** ***, the photo's they have taken are of my car with the correct registration number.

I have a couple of questions:-

I assume that the PCN is not valid because the reg is wrong is this correct?

Should I do anything now or wait and see if I get a NTK? They cannot trace me through the reg on the PCN but they can through the pictures.

should I challenge now?

Basically any advise or experience you have would be appreciated.

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.

I know this car park very well. Do nothing yet, wait and see if you receive an NTK. Keep the ticket and receipt safe in case they do come after you, as this proves that you paid the required fee, and negates any claim that they may have.

They have to send the NTK between 29 and 56 days from the date of the event, but if they've mucked up writing down the reg number, they may find themselves out of time.

If they dont send a NTK within the permitted time it will show that they have used the wrong information gleaned from the DVLA and some other poor sod will get a demand. If they do contact you then this shows 2 things:

1 they have used the incorrect information to obtain your data from the DVLA

2 they know that the correct car reg was given and their ticket is an unwarranted attempt to gain money by deception.

Should they contacat you tell them that you are not paying for both of the above reasons and they should provide evidence of the debt and access to an independent appeals service.

Gents,

Thanks for your replies.

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.