High Court email?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Today I received an email telling me to attend court with paper work on a specified date, there is an attachment and

A name at the bottom with high court clerk at the bottom, it has a reference number at the top and the sender is court clerk and it also says [email protected], I suspect it to be dodgy but thought I may get some good advice here.

Thanks

Dave

Don't click the link. It is a S cam email. I have had loads in the past and they refer to a US court system

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for the quick replys, it's what I suspected but it's always nice to hear it from someone else

Yes, have had these with a London court hearing. The attachment contains a virus, so make sure you do an anti virus check, with an up to date virus software.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

US Court system itself has put out warnings about these s cams

http://www.mass.gov/courts/court-info/appealscourt/false-court-case-email-[problem]-notice.html

http://www.uscourts.gov/news/2014/01/13/public-alert-[problem]-emails-about-phony-court-cases-carry-computer-virus

EDIT. Couldn't work out why these links were giving a 'page not found'. Just worked it out. Both URLs include the word s cam [without the space] which CAG system is automatically replacing with [problem]. I understand why people's posts are changed that way but it rather messes up URLs! You'll have to copy and paste and change [problem] to s cam (without the space) to see what I am talking about.