Harlands and Xercise 4 Less Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mum,

Let us know when Harlands or CRS or Major & Co make further contact.

I hope you can now see that Harlands, etc have done nothing significant since your letter at the end of May (post #12).

:-)

Do we know how it has finished? I have very similar problem.....

I was going to Xercise4less from August last year. They offered me a special membership, more expensive but without any contract just for a month..... They add that I can quit my membership anytime without any reason, that's why it's a bit more expensive, than a normal one with 1year contract....

In the middle of February I went to them, informing that I am going to Poland (to my homeland, don't know for how long).... They gave me a special form to fill in and told me that everything is ok. From the middle of February I didn't go to the gym....

I was going there for 7 months (August, Septemer, October, November, December, January, February) and I paid them from the end of July to January (for each moth in advance) plus administrative costs at the beginning.

Now I am receving letters that I need to pay 222 pounds.... They calling me as well.... Now I get similiar letter like Mum, that they passing my debt to Zinc Group Ltd.

What should I do? I was at my gym, wanted to explain that.

They told my that I can pay them 66 pounds and will be ok. Finally they rang to me asking about my payment, they wanted me to give them all my card details and finally informed my that I need to pay 122 pounds! I told them that I need to think it over and after a 15 minutes I call them back...

I was talking to someone else and he checked my account and my details and told me that I don;t owed them anything. Why is it so? I am nervous about that but it seems to me like they want to cheat me....

They claim that I owed them 222 pounds because I didn;t pay 15 pounds in the end of February! But the interest is 207? How do they get such a sum?

I would appreciate any help....

Edited by slick132
Please use spacing

Hi Luke and welcome to CAG

I've moved your post into your own new thread. You originally posted here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less(4-Viewing)-nbsp

Stay off the phone completely and use letters only. I suggest you send Harlands a letter :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to demands from Harlands/CRS about my gym membership at Xercise4Less gym in [town/city].

I paid extra each month for a rolling monthly membership which the gym told me I could cancel anytime without notice.

I completed their cancellation form when I was leaving the country earlier this year and was told I need do nothing more.

If you continue to make demands, or if you pass the matter on to any DCA, I will make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Yours faithfully,

Let us know how they reply ...........

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Twstyy and thanks for the useful update.

It would be good if you could also post this on your own thread, so folk see how your case ended.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)