JD Gym/ Harlands supposed to be contract free but unable to cancel!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So this week I received a letter from CRS claiming the matter has been passed to them from Harlands and that I have agreed to pay Harlands this debt (which is now a sizeable £101.97- impressive) My mother has also received the same letter. Incidentally my CRS letter went to.....you guessed it. My old address. They are claiming by email to still not be able to find my account. One of my friends is now also having that issue and my husband, despite not having used the gym in 4 months, says that he thinks it will be "more hassle to quit" than to take a few months break :-/ I think he's an idiot personally but that's his battle.

Hi CN,

Harlands passing to CRS means using the adjacent desk and putting on a CRS hat. Ignore the demand.

Write to the ICO complaining that Harlands continue to write to your old address despite you giving them your new one several times.

Send Harlands a letter saying, "I enclose a letter sent today as a formal complaint to the ICO, which you should find self-explanatory."

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well I downloaded the form for the ICO, have edited it but hadn't got round to emailing it to them as of yet (a job for the weekend!) but today I have received this email from Harlands (calling themselves ICS). Seems they still are not linking my original emailing expressing a wish to cancel as an actual wish to cancel and still seem to be under some sort of illusion that I am a member of the gym despite them emailing every week for the last two months trying to encourage me to join. I'm guessing this is one to ignore?

Dear Mrs crunchy nutter

We thank you for your email,

We can confirm that we have amended the address on your membership.

Please note as previously advised in order to cancel your membership you will need to contact our helpline to pay the arrears.

For all Enquiries Call Harlands : 01444 449162 () Quote Reference : ******* /

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm

Yours sincerely,

Harlands

Hi Crunchy,

If they use the wrong address again, complain to the ICO. Otherwise I wouldn't bother for now.

Harlands/CRS have still not replied to your letter in post #14 so I suggest you reply to Harlands as follows :-

I refer to your email of 20th August.

Unless you respond fully to my letter of xxdate, I will not communicate further with Harlands/CRS.

As simple as that.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick, well I've emailed them pasting in the original letter/email as they are clearly having some kind of communication breakdown and are completely unable to join up any dots. What's the betting I then get a response asking me what my address and or reference is lol. But I shall ignore all. Thanks

lol received an email today:

We thank you for your email.

We physically cannot find your membership on our systems.

The address you have supplied us with isn't bringing up anyone called 'crunchy nutter' we have also tried 'crunchy nutter maiden name' we have nothing. You have advised us that you attend a Gym in Hull, which Gym? We deal with hundreds of Gyms and thousands of members, we require more information.

Have you got a reference number? This can also be found on your Bank Statements.

Your Bank Account number, we'd have this on our systems so we're able to collect your Direct Debits.

Anything like this would be incredibly helpful.

It is a shame they have chosen to ignore the addresses, reference numbers and the name of the gym in the email I sent which is then included in their response. *sigh* and to think there are so many intelligent people clogging up dole queues. Funnily enough I am in no rush to send mine or my mother's bank details to them via email. Fools.

Jeepers !!

If CRS can find you to send out demands, how come Harlands (who are at the adjacent desk) cannot.

We can only hope that CRS now lose your details and stop bothering you (unlikely).

In the meantime, I'd ignore them.

I know Slick, I do find it mind-boggling that a company who cannot find my details, acting on behalf of a gym who believe I have not been a member for 3 months, could pass on details they do not know to CRS and even more miraculously that CRS could then pick my address out and my mothers out of all the addresses in the UK. Amazing stuff. Perhaps I should ask them for lottery number suggestions :roll: