SmartParking - Disabled Parking Overstay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter overstayed her time in a car park as she was shopping with her autistic brother and has recieved a pcn which I appealed and sent in a copy of his blue badge.

The parking company SmartParking have turned down the appeal and advise I go to Popla but I feel that this as with the parking company would be simply a waste of time having read other threads and wondered if I should contact the supermarket and complain or just let it go to court cite the Equality Act 2010 and reasonable adjustments.

The car park was free with a two hour time limit.

Any advice gratefully received, I know normally the advice is to ignore but wondred if the recent court case has changed this advice.

Thanks in advance

Sean

This is a speculative invoice hoping you do not seek advice. Simply appeal their decision to POPLA then watch the case disappear faster than rain water from your windscreen.....

Do not ignore any Court papers if you get any then post again. The PPC can take 35 days to deal with your appeal then they MUST send you their findings or rejection letter with the all important POLA number.

Then as soon as you get this then again appeal to POLPA. In the meantime have a read of some of the other threads within this area of CAG.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thank you for your advice, just to let every one know I also contacted Asda head office and they stated this company could get a letter from God and would not accept an appeal, simply told me to contact store and issue a complaint and they should quash fine so will take both steps popla and official complaint to land owner

This just shows how Parking companies actually treat everyone. Cash cows. They have made no allowance for the potential issues surrounding this matter. You had the blue badge which is proof that there is something wrong. Autism is recognised as a disability hence the blue badge.

I personally would love it if POPLA rejected the appeal too as it would then be down to (not so) Smart to take court action to get anything.

The judge questioning their policy for disabled people who will always take longer than an able person would be fun.

Having said that, if Asda fail to get it quashed, POPLA should.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Get on to ASDA over this not how customers should be treated

Ask them do they want you to shops elsewhere

Asda own the car park and can stop this noncence straight away

Go through popla appeal to cost daft parking money

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

The POPLA code is only valid for 28 days. You will win ay POPLA with correctly worded appeal.

But you must complain vigorously to asda manager and head office again citing equality act and the actions of asdas agents