• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Starting a PPI claim - Woolwich mortgage from Barclays.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have recently received a letter from a well known group of solicitor who are willing to 'help' get me money back for PPI!

I have had credit cards and mortgages for many years and have all my account numbers and details to hand,

Please could someone detail how I go about starting a PPI claim. \

Is it

A) One single thing to initiate

B) Do I write to each bank seperatly using a SAR (I think I have seen this mentioned here on the forum)

I am pretty clueless as to how to initiate the progress and would be so grateful for any advice help.

Best Regards

BB

Hi,

Yes, best thing to do if you don't have all the information on your accounts is to send a SAR to each lender, unless you have more accounts with lenders in the same group where they should give you all info you request on all accounts.

I would strongly advise you to proceed with your claims without going to any claims management companies, you can do it all yourself with help from people on this forum.

Once you have all your information you can then start to re-claim any PPI ect.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Dear Scott many thanks for your response and sorry for my somewhat untimely reply...

1. Do you have a template SAR specifically for PPI.....additionally once all the paperwork, loan contracts etc have come through how will I know what specifically relates to PPI? I have read the guide over at MS Forum but am still somewhat unsure....is thereanyway you can clarify what I should be looking for...( http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance)

2. also over at same MS forum, the guide states each lender/ bank has a dedicated PPI claim line where you can ring up and they will automatically advise if you have PPI money reclaim outstanding. Are banks really going to volunteer this information and give money back to the consumer without and problem?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2012/08/ppi-reclaiming-getting-easier

3. How do I go about claiming for a PPI if the policy holder has died?

thanks again and all help is much appreciated

Hi,

There's a SAR template here... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

Any insurance premiums should not be too difficult to find.

I would not phone regarding finding out if you had PPI or not, try keep everything in writing.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

the issue with using a single letter or phonelines

is you wont grt all the info your need to be able to know if you've got ALL back you are entitled too.

an sar will give you all the statements etc and a lots more.

then with our help

you can make an 'educated guess at the linkd of redress you shuld get.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI Guys..

Please help....

I am looking into PPI claim on behalf of my mother.

She was sold PPI alongside a mortgage from RBS but the PPI is with Aviva on a separate DD, which she is still paying !!

Can I ask who I start my claim with RBS or Aviva

Thanks In Advance

J

be better if you start a new thread

of your own

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the SAR template,

Im just making the necessary adjustments for a Woolwich mortgage from Barclays.

Should I send the SAR to Head of Barclays?

I have CEO of Barclays: Mr Antony Jenkins

Additionally I have managing Director of Barclays mortagegs (Woolwich mortgages) Mr Andy Gray

I guess I can send to them both, do I need to specify on the SAR this is for PPI purposes and include a/c numbers or a Generic SAR letter should do the trick?

Regards

BB

head office

if you look in the Barclays forum

off the main forum tab top left

there should be a yellow & red 'sticky' post at the top with addresses

dx

and they

how are you going to send £10 postal order by email?

dx

and they

just a quick update:

probably not the best method, but have just been on the phone to Barclays, and giving them details of current a/c's and mortagage a/c's.

They are going to get back to me in a week with any PPI moneys outstanding.

I know the strategy is not the best, but at the moment is the least time consuming. I have a big folder with bank a/c details from a previous SAR sent in to barclays and I have been through it and cannot see anything relating to payment for insurance etc. So I am a bit clueless as to what I am looking for.

Well aware Barclays could come back and say we dont owe you anything, and lie through their teeth.

Just wondering what my options are.

K regards

BB

PPI will be obv on loans in the agreement you signed and by a large sum going out in the first statements

Cards/bank accounts will show a regular monthly figure going out

You could always read a few PPI threads too or the links below too

Dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi quick update,

did call barclays and was on the Phone to them for a good hour giving all the account details.

I have received a response from them, threee of the accounts have no claims but one account says we may owe you something (cant remember exact wording) will scan and post it up her. Again they are asking for me to get in touch with them, to find out how to proceed next

Regards

BB

• 3 months later...

I only hope that things go smoothly for you guys with other future insurance and warranties. I can only guess how stressful it must be to have to go through it so I hope that you guys are able to get your money back on the claims as soon as possible

• dx100uk changed the title to Starting a PPI claim - Woolwich mortgage from Barclays.