DWP and FaceBook

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With the amount of fraud being revealed by the DWP and many more cases getting taken to Court is on the increase. The following story from a source that often posts up to date cases and those that involve significant amounts of money.

The crime of failing to declare a change of circumstances under the SSAA 1992 is getting more and more publicity in the press. Have a read here and then you can see just how the DWP can and does catch those who fail to make the required notifications of a change of circumstances.

I regularly post in the Bailiff section of CAG and there we have a link to scoop.it the reason that I have posted this link again is to show that the DWP now uses social media to catch benefit fraudsters. they also data share to other benefit agencies to see if you have other claims that could be suspected fraud.

Please have a read of this one and if you have any questions please ask...... See the link below

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Mum-s-95k-benefit-fraud-exposed-Facebook/story-26752397-detail/story.html

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

oh yes they search everywhere

know someone that got a call to say they were running a BnB at their house they were claiming benefits on

that was the previous owner from 3yrs before

but it still took a bit of convincing it was

the DWP all but stopped all income as they thought they were right.

wasn't disproved until they had seen a copy of the new deeds

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are a number of these cases shown on the link BA supplied in the bailiff section re: Scoop.it (stickie) I wonder how many cheaters will be changing the privacy settings on their Facebook now.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

There are a number of these cases shown on the link BA supplied in the bailiff section re: Scoop.it (stickie) I wonder how many cheaters will be changing the privacy settings on their Facebook now.

If they are cheating they deserve to be caught, because they make it bad for everyone who claims benefits.

But, I cannot believe they are so silly as to broadcast what they are doing on a social media site.

I was reading in the Express dated 2013 that the number of people that the DWP are investigating has risen from

2010 HMRC was conducting just 34,000 serious fraud checks a year – the same number the DWP is now carrying out every month.

Full story:_

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/413456/EXCLUSIVE-Undercover-spies-lead-crackdown-on-1-2bn-benefit-theft

I was reading in the Express dated 2013 that the number of people that the DWP are investigating has risen from

2010 HMRC was conducting just 34,000 serious fraud checks a year – the same number the DWP is now carrying out every month.

Just shows you how ridiculous their priorities are considering more money is lost to Tax fraud then benefit, which is very low in comparison.

Just shows you how ridiculous their priorities are considering more money is lost to Tax fraud then benefit, which is very low in comparison.

Yes but we are the worthless minions of this Country, earning not a bean - where as tax dodgers are more often than not the 'big' boys of the Country and to be treated with kid gloves..

They catch and punish a few small fry - but nothing compared to what is really owed.

How the heck do they find thirty four thousand cases a month to investigate and think what that must be costing.

Oh tons, but they don't mind squandering tax payers money when it's helping push their anti benefits agenda. The propaganda machine has been working overtime for years now and It's only set to get worse.

I mean look how they've cleverly managed to shift emphasis away from the banks that caused this financial crisis in the first over to the working stiff who are (on the whole) just scraping by.

Oh and the disabled and sick of course. Being ill an unable to work is the root of all this countries financial woes in Cameron's eyes...

I doubt Facebook has any real significance to the DWP.

Can you imagine the look on the Judge's face if they brought a case to trial purely because of what Facebook Profile said - Facebook is notoriously unreliable for information.

I know someone claiming benefits, who's public facebook says she is a "Curse Breaker" at "Gringott's Wizarding Bank" where she works under "Bill Weasley"

I would so like to see that being presented as evidence in Court. :D Maybe she could call JK Rowling as a witness!

I suspect they use what they can find on FB to kickstart a proper investigation, and it is only what the investigation covers that is used. It isn't reliable for peoples employment etc, But an attempt to prosecute purely on an FB page would be ludicrous. and if your are claiming as a single person like in the linked news article, but your FB says your still with your husband, then more fool you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My facebook page says I'm self employed, which is not true, but what we tell everyone except the very closest of family and a few friends. The prejudice is so high against benefit claimants that there is no way I put it out there that I claim - even though it is blindingly obvious to anyone who sees me that I'm disabled, experience tells me that people accept that I'm limited, but find out a person is claiming due to disability and they'll say 'Isn't there some type of work you could do? stephen Hawking manages to work from a wheelchair, couldn't you?'.

I could imagine people lying about marital status either way on social media as well as life success - people who rent saying they own etc, all the way along to those who make up a complex fictional life in order to impress old school friends or potential...ahem...'conquests'. But some things would be more reliable - pictures of your recent wedding when you're claiming as single, video or pictures showing the person doing tasks they've claimed they are not able to do, or a string of pictures uploaded from abroad for 3 months. Words can't be relied upon, but pictures and video are pure gold for the fraud investigator.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

My facebook page says I'm self employed, which is not true, but what we tell everyone except the very closest of family and a few friends. The prejudice is so high against benefit claimants that there is no way I put it out there that I claim - even though it is blindingly obvious to anyone who sees me that I'm disabled, experience tells me that people accept that I'm limited, but find out a person is claiming due to disability and they'll say 'Isn't there some type of work you could do? stephen Hawking manages to work from a wheelchair, couldn't you?'.

I could imagine people lying about marital status either way on social media as well as life success - people who rent saying they own etc, all the way along to those who make up a complex fictional life in order to impress old school friends or potential...ahem...'conquests'. But some things would be more reliable - pictures of your recent wedding when you're claiming as single, video or pictures showing the person doing tasks they've claimed they are not able to do, or a string of pictures uploaded from abroad for 3 months. Words can't be relied upon, but pictures and video are pure gold for the fraud investigator.

I do not put in writing that I am married but if asked face to face by someone I say 'yes' simply because I feel it is not wise to tell anyone you live alone (not these days)!

I also keep my illness and benefits to myself let people think what they want (they usually do anyway) but no need to give them ammo to start watching your every move.

Sad, isn't it that is has come to this.

Facebook would be one of a number of avenues of enquiry, but certainly would not be enough on its own to prosecute.

I am very very careful what I post on social media- if I feel my boss would disapprove I don't post it.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

yep they do.

know this from my neighbour.

lots of photos with them with a 'friend' that they suspected was living with them.

used facebook photos as proof with other stuff too.

they lost benefits and had to repay them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DWP would never take a person to court based "purely" upon facebook evidence but it does help paint a picture and offer circumstantail evidence of many things, from expenditure or income to where someone was at a particular time, like being in Panama instead of the Northeast of England. Also many cases where people post pictures of themselves parachuting when they are claiming disability allowance for being unable to move.

If it wasnt true in some cases all of this would wither on the vine and yes, people are that stupid. Although not claiming anything so not relevant to this, my daughtes post everything they do, including pictures of their meals.

Did your friend go to court? The burden of proof is different for criminal court. It would have to be pretty exceptional & compelling evidence for the cps to prosecute using only Facebook evidence.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.