• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Optima Scottish Small Claims Summons Form 1a - 2011 Vanquis Card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

First of all would like to thank all the brilliant people in this site who have helped lot of people beat the Debt Collection Agencies tactis which are threating and stressful.

At the moment i am going thru the same level of stress and anxiety.

I recieved a Small Claim Summons from Edinburgh Sheriff court Form 1a, this was from Optima Legal on behalf of Cabot financial uk ltd, which related to a debt with Vanquis bank credit card. The copies attached.

As you might all be aware the process in scotland is different, the reason for this new post is to share my experience with others in scotland as there are not many threads here relating to scotland.

I have started of with three letters in a span of three days to the solicitor and to Cabot but had no response from them till now, and should be sending and estoppel and section 10 notice soon to follow.

In scotland CPR 31 is not valid and we have to apply for an incidental application to the sheriff for such documents, i have been to the court and was told to first submit my repsonse and then i can make an application for the incidental application for such documents, which i shall be doing now.

As this is new for me i was wondering if i could get more help on this below is the draft for my incidental application, if you good people can comment which would help that would be great, i have made comments in bold where i want further help so if you guys can help that would be great.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I hereby make a formal request under ACT OF SEDERUNT (SMALL CLAIM RULES) 2002 NO. 133 CHAPTER 17: Recovery of documents and attendance of witnesses, for the following Documents:

1) The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

****SHOULD I BE ATTACHING THE £1 FEE TO THIS APPLICATION AND QUOTE THE SECTION IN THIS PART****

2) The Deed of Assignment

****WHAT LAW AND CASE POINT WOULD BE BEST TO QUOTE HERE FOR DEED OF ASSIGNMENT*****

3) The Deed of Novation

****IS THIS VALID REQUEST FOR DEED OF NOVATION WHAT LAW AND CASEPOINT CAN I QUOTE*****

3) The Notice of Assignment and proof of service of said Assignment Notice

****I KNOW THIS RELATES TO LAND AND PROPERTY ACT IS THIS VALID IN SCOTLAND*****

4) The Default warning letter

5) Default Notice and proof of service of said Default Notice

6) The Credit Card Agreement as mentioned in your particulars of Claim

*****AM I ASKING FOR THE SAME DOCUMENT AS IN MY REQUEST 1 OR IS THIS DIFFERENT TO THE ABOVE*******

I hereby request Sheriff Clerk to grant commission and diligence to recover the above listed documents from the pursuer.

PLEASE REMEMBER GUYS I HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN FRONT OF SHERIFF SO THAT I CAN DEFEND MY REQUEST PROPERLY SO THE MORE INFORMATION THE BETTER PREPARED I AM SO PLEASE HELP.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks for your reply the documents in pdf

Hi Everyone,

First of all would like to thank all the brilliant people in this site who have helped lot of people beat the Debt Collection Agencies tactis which are threating and stressful.

At the moment i am going thru the same level of stress and anxiety.

I recieved a small claim Summons from Ednburgh Sheriff court Form 1a, this was from Optima Legal on behalf of Cabot fianancial uk ltd, which related to a debt with Vanquis bank credit card. The copies attached.

As you might all be aware the process in scotland is different, the reason for this new post is to share my experience with others in scotland as there are not many threads here relating to scotland.

I have started of with three letters in a span of three days to the solicitor and to Cabot but had no response from them till now, and should be sending and estoppel and section 10 notice soon to follow.

In scotland CPR 31 is not valid and we have to apply for an incidental application to the sheriff for such documents, i have been to the court and was told to first submit my repsonse and then i can make an application for the incidental application for such documents, which i shall be doing now.

As this is new for me i was wondering if i could get more help on this below is the draft for my incidental application, if you good people can comment which would help that would be great, i have made comments in bold where i want further help so if you guys can help that would be great.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I hereby make a formal request under ACT OF SEDERUNT (SMALL CLAIM RULES) 2002 NO. 133 CHAPTER 17: Recovery of documents and attendance of witnesses, for the following Documents:

1) The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

****SHOULD I BE ATTACHING THE £1 FEE TO THIS APPLICATION AND QUOTE THE SECTION IN THIS PART****

2) The Deed of Assignment

****WHAT LAW AND CASE POINT WOULD BE BEST TO QUOTE HERE FOR DEED OF ASSIGNMENT*****

3) The Deed of Novation

****IS THIS VALID REQUEST FOR DEED OF NOVATION WHAT LAW AND CASEPOINT CAN I QUOTE*****

3) The Notice of Assignment and proof of service of said Assignment Notice

4) The Default warning letter

5) Default Notice and proof of service of said Default Notice

6) The Credit Card Agreement as mentioned in your particulars of Claim

*****AM I ASKING FOR THE SAME DOCUMENT AS IN MY REQUEST 1 OR IS THIS DIFFERENT TO THE ABOVE*******

I hereby request Sheriff Clerk to grant commission and diligence to recover the above listed documents from the pursuer.

PLEASE REMEMBER GUYS I HAVE TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN FRONT OF SHERIFF SO THAT I CAN DEFEND MY REQUEST PROPERLY SO THE MORE INFORMATION THE BETTER PREPARED I AM SO PLEASE HELP.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58186[/ATTACH]

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

You need to convert your upload to PDF format.....no one can read it in JPEG

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ouch your going to have issues here with it being a 2011 sign up

as a recon will suffice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry what is a recon? and how will it change things

ok just read about it and found this

Carey V HSBC Bank plc [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB) (23 December 2009)

"108. Accordingly, I conclude that Reg. 7 requires *a copy of the executed agreement in its original form *as well as a statement of the terms as they are at the time of the request."

"SUMMARY OF FINDINGS:

(4). If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still provide a copy of the original agreement, as well as the varied terms."

they don't have to supply a copy of your actual signed agreement.

I'd be sending the claimant a CCA request

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply, i have sent three letter requesting the same, i think they have to follow the below

copy of consumer credit agreement The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) Regulations 2010 section 55c

should they not follow the above even when i make a cca request as above they have not responded, but what i want to do is go thru the court by making an incidental application for the documents and would like some pointers if possible

they don't have to supply a copy of your actual signed agreement.

I'd be sending the claimant a CCA request

dx

actually, the rules state that a copy of the agreement must be attached to the summons. BUT...the sherrif can overlook this if he or she is so inclined. BUT, if they overlook this, and yo ueventually lose your case, you will have a point of law to put on your appeal.

:rockon::rockon:

and they

Hi

Today i recieved a letter from optima legal as below

We acknowledge reciept of your letters of 15/18/22 june and note what you write.

We have passed a copy of your letters to our clients requesting a copy of Assignation,statement of account and credit agreement relating to the above agreement.

Guys shall i still proceed with my incidental application to the sheriff as this does not cover all the docuements i want to recover or shall i wait, what are the pros and cons any experiences or suggestions

Hi, thanks for your comment, can you point to me in the right direction where it says the copy of agreement must be attached to the summons in the rules? anything in the scottish law will be good.

" It is not necessary to produce any documents with the summons (although you may need to lodge them in court later if the case is defended) unless the claim relates to a regulated agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 in which case you must attach a copy of the agreement to the summons. "

Page 6

[ATTACH]58228[/ATTACH]

And further information on the Scottish Procedure.

[ATTACH]58219[/ATTACH]

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

sorry seems you've been missed

how is this going

dx

and they

further update, i have done a CCA and got a reply from Cabot saying that they do not have the agreement and have asked the OC for the documentation and they acknowledge they cannot provide this to me in 12+2 days and should take atleast 40 days, is this normal??, what does this mean any experiences worth mentioning here????

Also done an incidental application for retrieval of documentation, awaiting for a hearing date from the sheriff court, nothing yet.

Also i have made a mistake, in 2012 due to various demands by DCAlink3.gif i approached CAB and asked them to help me with my problem, they have contacted all the DCA's and got me a payment plan, but i was not in a position to pay them anything as i lost my job and had financial difficulties and also health problems, now will this reset the five year limit? eventhough i have not contacted them directly, please advise.

depends if they have a record of it and what the letter said.

usual CCA letter from cabot if you read around

dx

and they

Hello helpers,

A quick question, as i was sifting thru my old letters and paperwork, i came across two documents where i have said to the credit agencies that i do not recognise the account, amount and do not remember signing anything for that amount, for this above debt(Equifax/Experian/Noddle), i have confirmation letters for them from the above CRA's, now my question is,

Was this account in dispute since that date?

If yes could it have been sold to the DCA?

does it break any regulations if sold if the account was in dispute?

What ever the answer to the above can i use it in my defense, if so what regulations i can quote, I have my incidental application hearing on the 30th of July, should i be submitting this in my defense?

Please help.

Thanks a Million.

I'd stick solely to the no CCA bit

Dx

and they

Hello helpers,

A quick question, as i was sifting thru my old letters and paperwork, i came across two documents where i have said to the credit agencies that i do not recognise the account, amount and do not remember signing anything for that amount, for this above debt(Equifax/Experian/Noddle), i have confirmation letters for them from the above CRA's, now my question is,

Was this account in dispute since that date? No

If yes could it have been sold to the DCA? Yes

does it break any regulations if sold if the account was in dispute? No

What ever the answer to the above can i use it in my defense, No if so what regulations i can quote, I have my incidental application hearing on the 30th of July, should i be submitting this in my defense?

Please help.

Thanks a Million.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I had my incidental application hearing today and the pursuer has told the court that the case to be sisted and they will provide the documents voluntarily, this is what i have requested for.

My question how long the case can be sitting in the cold room?

Is there a way to unsist the case?, If so what do i have to do?

How long i have to wait before i can do that?

What is the procedure if there is any to do unsist the case?

Please advise.

as far as I am aware a sist is the same as a stayed claim south of the boarder

it could be years.

and they

Since this is Vanquis have you sent a SAR for all of your statements yet,

they are well known for adding stacks of late and over limit fees plus

they tend to add their dreaded Repayment Option Plan and you can reclaim all of these fees.

I have successfully had a result from this company it will be worthwhile reclaiming any and all fees before it goes to Court...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have recieved a letter from Cabot Financial stating that they have not been able to send me the requested documents in the stipulated time,

i sent them the request on 1st July this year and to date i have not recieved the documentation

, they say they will still keep requesting the documentation from Vanquis bank.

letter attached.

Two questions:

Can i use this letter and apply to the court for the case to be struck out?

If so i know i have to use form N244, but what is the process in scotland, can you please help me with this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Hussain.

the case thus remains sisted then as far as I know

you could phone the court and ask.

but I think like down south

that it will cost you money to quash it, even if you could.

and ofcourse there is always the worry they will find the paperwork

and thus it would be a waste of said money.

TBH for a 2011 CCA

I suspect they'll eventually get the required document

even if it is a recon.

to be honest

I think the next move is theirs not yours

but no harm in ringing the court.

did you get that SAR off to the OC?

if not why not!

dx

and they

I shall ring the court and ask how to proceed but i doubt they will give advise,

I have not done the SAR as i thought the court order requesting the doucmentation would be enough as i have included a request for PPI and all the charges and statements.

I thought a court order will serve better but i think i am wrong i shall do that this week.