Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I am trying to find out more information about the following:


Can a single person with no dependents who is a tenant and the rest of their family no longer live in the property, can they still occupy a three bedroom council home?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would depend as the information you have given isnt much to go on.


1. Were they the original tenant on the tenancy agreement?


2. Did Succession take place?


3. What is the Council Housing Allocations Policy?


4. May be effected by Bedroom Tax but as long as the rents paid in full by tenant not an issue.


Is there a specific reason for your question is it to do with the Tenancy, Benefits etc as its difficult to answer without more information

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is current age of this of this single person?

Was he a named tenant before rest of family moved out?

Are you him?


Given need for 3 bed social housing in many parts of UK, I would expect HA to seek repo, or offer alt 1 bed flat, if avail.

A single able-bodied person under 35 is only entitled to shared accom rate of LHA (HB), which is poss only 10% of the rent for 3 bed accom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for responses wasn't able to reply sooner due to illness.


No I am not the person in question, current age about 30 and tenancy was with parents who moved due to illness.


Just to clarify Mariner 51 LHA (HB) what is LHA? Do you mean you pay a reduction in your rent of 10% for receiving Housing Benefit (HB)?


In the past have received literature from Council about the need for larger flats.....

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...