Trying to understand the changes coming into effect on 1st July

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon, hopefully this will be a 'quick' one.

I've had an e-mail from my landline provider (BT) about the changes coming into effect on 1st July about charges to 08.. numbers etc.

I use an 0844 number to make international calls on a regular basis. This is currently charged at 1p per minute. (is that what is called an 'override service'?).

From what I understand from the e-mail, if I use this service after 1st July, I will be charged by BT a minimum of 9.58p per minute, despite the 'provider' (I think it's justcall) advertising it as 1p per minute.

I'm confused. Can someone help me out please?

Hi

As I understand the new system, the call charges will only apply if you dial direct, not through your overrider however it would be worth logging on to the justcall website to make sure their prices won't change. The overriders but minutes in bulk to get the cheapest rates and pass them on to you.

I use 18185 as my overrider and I can see that there are no announcements of price changes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for replying Silverfox, I'm quite confused by it. The e-mail intimated they (BT) would charge for calls to 0844 numbers, which makes me think that an additional charge to the Justcall charge. But it's really not clear.