Ex-pat Requires Credit Reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Appologies if I have asked this previously ...

I am living in SE Asia and now wish to take out a small loan as we need work done on the home.

The company that I have applied with is a big multi national company with offices in most major cities throughout the world and have applied through the local outlet. (The company is not attached to any UK bank, it is a mega American company located in SE Asia)

Having a really bad credit record in the UK due to my thieving and obnoxious ex partner (now deceased) I finished up with a lot of debt on Credit Cards, Bank Overdrafts and one loan which are currently on my Credit Report

Can this company that I have applied through use the UK office to obtain my Credit Report and if so are they/will they be breaching the DPA.

Many thanks for help in advance

• 1 month later...

Hi

Again I need to come back for excellent advice

I have a very large debt of £12k which the orifinal creditor has now sold on to a company we all know in Leeds.

I have two questions actually:

I informed the original creditor of my new address two years ago and they corrected it with the CRA

Q1 .. The debt has now been sold. Should the original creditor still be showing on my Credit file albeit as a closed account?

Q2 .. The new owners have not entered my new address with the CRA and I do not wish to start the SB clock again as it will be SB in the next two years but I also do not wish them to get a CCJ by default at my old address.

As I am in a country with no recipricol arrangements over personal debt

I have no intentions of returning to the UK while it is still live (or if ever at all)

and the other problem that I may have is that we are hoping to get a small loan with a Multinational bank who I am a little worried about them asking questions from the UK HQ.

And advice appreciated.

Thanks

If you can prove that you informed the OC of your new address (Which you can if you print out or get a copy of your CRA report showing they updated it) then if the new owner gets a ccj by default, you then have a really good chance of getting any ccj set aside.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Back for a little more excellent help and advice.

I am an ex-pat who requires a Credit Report from both Experian and Equifax but as I have no bank account in the UK I am unable to obtain the report.

I have no family left in the UK and most of my former friends have now disappeared therefore unable to obtain a £2 PO and my current bank no longer issues cheques. The other problem is when I try to do this on line it requests a UK address which obviously I do not have.

I contacted one CRA who say that all I need to do is send a £2 PO, but when I inform then of the problem all they say is that they want a cheque or PO. One actually told me that I could not do this as it breached the DPA (but they were quick enough to send a report to one bank in my new home land)

Any suggestions to be able to obtain a Credit report would be welcome as I know there are six credit cards all with PPI and charges.

Regards

If you live in the Middle East you can simply buy a bank draft (cheque) from a money changer. When I lived in Kuwait such a service cost half a Dinar which was then about a quid. Elsewhere I have no idea - but British PO's are still available in some places - Malta being one. And banks in some countries do offer 'counter cheques' in a variety of currencies. These are cheques you buy made out to whoever you nominate in the currency of your choice payable through a bank in that country.

You will need to check what is available where you live.

• 4 months later...

Hi

I have today registered with the new FREE Credit Reference Agency "ClearScore (Equifax)" and have some problems with it

I have a few debts (okay a lot) with companies but the report shows that there are no open accounts apart from my current Bank Accounts

Under the "Closed" accounts there are all of the debts that I owe. After looking at them all I noted that nearly all of then have not reported since October 2013 and the the two Lowlife ones since 2014. This does not tally with Noddle where every month it is reported the same balances, same defaults but under the current month even though no payments have been made

One example is a well known Spanish bank who are reporting to Noddle a default each month, balance does not move as nothing gets paid but with Clearscore nothing reported since 2013

I also note that what has been reported is under my old UK address as I am know an expat and have been since May 2013. At the time of emigrating I wrote and told all my creditors of my new address so there is no get out for them in that way

As I am no longer resident in the UK and not resident in the European Dictatorship I have two questions ...

1 ... Would Clearscore be in breach of the data protection act by allowing me to register

2 ... Are Clearscore responsible for ensuring that they have the correct data

I ask question 2 for the reason that Noddle has my address correctly on all creditors.

Thanks in advance

Hi

While not being 100% certain, I would think that for #1, yes as in their terms and conditions they state you must be a UK resident and if they have allowed you to enter based on an overseas address, they very may well be in breach.

With #2 Clearscore rely on the data supplied by Equifax. I assume when you signed up for Noddle, you had a UK address however, as you are no longer here, once you updated your address, Noddle should have restricted your account.

For both companies, I would assume there is no actual human involvement with the sign up process and the credit files are automatically updated monthly, again without a real person seeing them.

If someone contacted them to say the file relates to a person no longer in the UK, they may take action to restrict access.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Clearscore is Equifax

If you are no longer resident in the EU so why are you so concerned with your credit file??

If you register with a credit agency using a previous addresss you no longer reside at they you are committing an offence by obtaining a pecunary advantage if you go on to make credit applicatons. (False representation) You are also giving false information to a data processor and will probably end up on the CIFAS Register

The credit agencies are under no onligation that the information they hold is in error unless informed. That responsibility is with the organisation reporting that data to the credit agencies.

Clearscore is Equifax

Could you supply the source of that information

If you are no longer resident in the EU so why are you so concerned with your credit file??

That is not the issue being questioned here

If you register with a credit agency using a previous addresss you no longer reside at they you are committing an offence by obtaining a pecunary advantage if you go on to make credit applicatons. (False representation) You are also giving false information to a data processor and will probably end up on the CIFAS Register

As I see it, the OP DID use his current overseas address to register with Clearscore

The credit agencies are under no onligation that the information they hold is in error unless informed. That responsibility is with the organisation reporting that data to the credit agencies.

The first point raised by you stating that Clearscore is equifax. I do question this as I did some checks a few weeks ago and none of the current directors have any relation to Equifax.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I was in the UK when registered with Nodule. When I tried to access my file after arriving in the Philippines I was able to so I tried without success to register. I now access Noddle via a moving VPN as I understand that my IP address prevents normal access

As for Clears core absolutely NO CHECKS whatsoever upon registering as long as you knew some answers to questions.

They could have used the same idea as Noddle by checking IP address (I did not use a VPN when registering) or they could have used the Visa Verification,

I am unable to see where fraud comes in as it is MY data

Will also add that I have no intentions or need to access my Credit as I have no intentions of returning t the European dictatorship

At the bottom of any report from Clearscore it states

Data provided by Equifax

You are correct in that Equifax supply the data. That does not mean that they are Clearscore, it just means Cleascore use Equifax to gain the data.

Now, Noddle clearly state they are part of the Callcredit group. Nowhere on the Clearscore site do they state they are part of Equifax (none that I have found anyway)

There are 3 directors of Clearscore.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/JFeo4zLqXjzNcvm55dCjjU9xKEw/appointments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/zOqBMPAeuAQLCtGUBQzGKMxpsJA/appointments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/-6EVIViAPVzjX3UJ4lbzOifb9Zs/appointments

If you were to go through each of the appointments each director have, it will show no link to Equifax

ClearScore is a private company that has been invested in by QED Investors, Brightbridge Ventures and Blenheim Chalcot.

ClearScore shows you Equifax credit report and Equifax credit score data.

:-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Clearscore board

Nigel Morris

Chairman & Co-Founder

Nigel is Chairman of ClearScore and is also the managing partner of QED Investors – a leading Venture Capital fund within the financial technology space. Nigel was the co-founder, president and Chief Operating Officer of Capital One. Nigel will help ClearScore get to scale.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...
If you've got wrong info on your credit file, and Equifax refusing to remove it, after you've complained, let me know, looking to take them to court.

Got complaints with FOS open against Equifax.

There is already case law on this in that you cannot sue the credit agencies.

They simply process and store data provided by third parties.

It is those third parties that have to make sure the data is correct and accurate

I will try and find the Judgement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?408312-Credit-reference-agencies-not-obliged-to-ensure-absolute-data-accuracy-says-Court-of-Appeal

Credit reference agencies (CRAs) that take reasonable steps to ensure the personal data they hold about individuals is accurate should not be open to compensation claims from individuals if it turns out the data is incorrect, the Court of Appeal has ruled.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you've got wrong info on your credit file, and Equifax refusing to remove it, after you've complained, let me know, looking to take them to court.

Got complaints with FOS open against Equifax.

I am unable to do anything with this as I am well outside of the European Dictatorship. I only managed to get in via a VPN

As it was a free one I thought I would chance it and see if I could get my report. Yes I did and not one of the creditors have reported my address and nothing reported on the file since 2013 as this is when I left the UK. I know that all my creditors have my new address so they cannot deny that I have told them (keep all my emails and letters scanned in a secure place and encrypted)

To be honest I will not visit that site again as I dont really care about the CRF as nearly all drop off anyway in 6 - 9 months