County Court Claim Form Received (Northampton CCBC)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm the owner of a Ltd Company and I have received the dreaded pale blue County Court claim form. Basically, it's Companies House (or at least their representatives, Optima Legal) issuing in respect of £375 of late-filing fees that my company has incurred. I did file my annual return later so there's no question that I owe the money (as hard as that is to swallow, but hey ho).

It states the options available which include: 'If you agree with all of the claim and are asking for time to pay" - Complete the admission form N9A and send it to the claimant....... Do not send a copy to the court. Entering an admission may result in judgement being entered against you.

My question is this - if I return the form offering to pay over several instalments (say 3 or 4 months) what happens then? Will the claimant still go for a court judgement against me? Or to put it another way, what's to stop them accepting my proposal for staggered payments, but still proceeding with the court case?

Thanks in advance.

My question is this - if I return the form offering to pay over several instalments (say 3 or 4 months) what happens then? You get a CCJ Will the claimant still go for a court judgement against me? Yes Or to put it another way, what's to stop them accepting my proposal for staggered payments, but still proceeding with the court case? Nothing

Only way to avoid judgment is to make payment in full..after judgment.... or defend all ..even though you have no grounds ...then hope you can steer it into mediation.....or as stated above you could suggest a Tomlin Order (Consent) that stays the claim ...avoids judgment....as long as you stick to the agreed payments...assuming they would be interested considering the amount involved.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread