• Tweets

• Hi all,   In massive need of your advice!!   Got a finance agreement with MoneyBarn in September of last year (2018). Made regular payments until I had financial difficulties. My last payment to MoneyBarn was April 2019. I since then, did not make payments to them. I did make contact with them and said that the arrears would be cleared as soon as I had sold my property, as I was moving in with my partner instead.   They then filed a default against me. (Although I found this out later on) Unfortunately, I then went through a tough period in my life, in which suffered badly with depression and anxiety. I did inform them of this.   Once the property was sold, I contact them to ask for a breakdown of options and what I could do. I did not receive this. Instead, I had a lovely gentleman turn up at my door saying he has a repossession order and has come to take the car. This was the first time I had heard of this, I wasn’t notified of any defaults prior to this (relating to when I previously mentioned “found out later on) or the termination of the contract.   I have since returned the vehicle after they told me I could not pay the arrears and/or pay 50% of the term and do VT? I have also been told I cannot reinstate my contact.   I have told them about the mental issues I had, and said that I did not appreciate a guy turning up when I have my children and demanding the car. Their reply was “we informed you of the termination and repossession” to which I said “no you didn’t”.   They argue that they sent it to my old address (despite me informing them of the new one) and I even asked the question of “how did the debt management agency know where to go then?” As they then informed me that they didn’t have my new address on file?   I appreciate I owe them money, however, I did say that the amount they are asking for is unrealistic and that I will happily contest in court.    Any my advice will help!!! 
    • Hello DX100UK and all observers. I am delighted to announce I have had no further communication from Shoosmiths Todays date is 20th August 2019  That is the 20 year anniversary of the original decree granted at the Scottish sheriff Court on 20th August 1999 The 20 year prescriptive period should kick into force. Celebrate   Would any further letters now constitute harrassment ?  or does the debt technically still stand but just not enforcable ? They cant seek a new decree ?    
    • Now some at this stage might think I'm leading to doggerland as the site of Atlantis   https://www.winterwatch.net/2019/01/did-the-inspiration-for-atlantis-flood-and-ark-legends-stem-from-paleo-doggerland/           but for a number of reasons, I'm not ... although I think it is a part of the larger story,   Its a little late. I believe the final inundation of doggerland is part of the later Biblical flood and related myths. (Black Sea, Arabian Gulf, West coast of India etc) ... but worthy of mention is that it could effectively make up one of three 'larger' islands as detailed in the legends far better than the Azores does. ... and mammoths/elephants crossed that bridge - although carefully check the dates of those mammoth/elephant migration evidence. They seem to end 11000bp.           http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150722-lost-beasts-of-the-ice-age   http://www.canada.com/technology/Massive+Canadian+melt+have+triggered+flood+biblical+proportions/3954124/story.html   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood   http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html#Sproul    
    • Hi.   Someone reported that your pg1 still had the reg number showing, so I've removed it and left pg2.   HB
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So basically I live in a shared house. We received a letter to say that the landlord wanted to complete an inspection (we had one of these around a month ago - where they were incredibly rude, shouting at bin bags etc.). I politely rang up the letting agency to inform them that this day was not suitable for us (we were in the middle of packing to move out). They said they would inform the landlord and arrange for another day.

Anyway yesterday they came in anyway. Only my flatmate was in bed as we were all out. They let themselves in, walked around and woke up my flatmate and started shouting at him for small bits of mess. I rang up the letting agency and they said they had tried to contact us, but could not get hold of us to tell us that they were coming anyway as 'they were only checking meters'. I said I had made it very clear I didn't want them coming round (I like to be in the house when they visit - I personally don't like landlord being around my things without me being there). I am extremely annoyed by this, the letting agency are nothing but trouble - have not helped us in any way this year and been an absolute nuisance.

What would you advise to do? Am i within my right to cancel the rest of the tenancy and move to my new house (im currently in a cross over period). This would save me rent.

Thanks for any help.

While the behaviour you describe is not acceptable, I don't think it is bad enough to terminate the tenancy.

You could always change the locks but doremember to put the old ones back when you leave

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)