Cash Converter Blew £200 speakers while on buy back

taddysleeds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put some £200 Alesis speakers into cash converters in Beeston Leeds last month.

The speakers were obviously working perfectly when I put them in, as they get tested every time.

When I got home with them I noticed that the volume was half way up, which was far far too high, I didn't think much of it, I turned the speaker down before plugging them in and playing something through them, at which point I noticed the left passive speaker was completely gone.

I took the speakers straight back down there expecting the worst and they said they will test them, at this point it was said that they have some guy who comes around to fix things.

The next week I get a phone call saying that the speakers have been tested and that they have been blown and because it is not physical damage that they can take no responsibility for the breakage, which I really don't understand.

I spoke today to the customer service and on a side note he said they were independently tested, which I'm not sure is the case since they seem to have some guy who working with them all the time.

Basically I can get these speakers fixed for £60-£80, but they will not even offer to pay half of that bill.

There is actually CCTV off the where items are kept in the back, how could I get access to these recordings

edit: I am requesting the CCTV as this is something that you can do, although it is chargeable

Edited by taddysleeds

You can always make a claim against their insurance. All companies that store goods on a buy back scheme have to insure the goods. But they will try to wriggle out of it stating that you should have checked the condition before leaving the shop. But this is also defendable if they failed to notify you that you should check and test your items prior to leaving with them...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I am requesting the CCTV as this is something that you can do, although it is chargeable

The only CCTV they are obliged to provide you with is the occasions when you are in the store (with all other faces obscured) as this is your personal data.

They do not have to provide CCTV for the time your speakers were in their store room.

Right well the guy on the phone seemed to think that I could request CCTV for where the speakers were kept, or maybe he was just saying this so I would spend more money requesting this.

Looks like I'm just going to have to pay for getting my speakers fixed myself.

I'm going to write to them anyway asking why they aren't going to investigate this in any manner.