Vodafone default 2013 ( closed the account down )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

im looking for a little help if possible please

ive just been declined for a mortgage and

after checking all 3 credit reports there is 1 debt and default listed from Vodafone Ltd Gemini on all reports from 2013 for £852

its still listed at my previous address and i have no idea why its showing on my file as defaulted

i closed the account fully down before moving abroad due to family problems.

They were fully notified along with every other company and paid the early settlement figure over the phone.

I have been in contact with vodafone via there chat service and they are stating i just stopped paying my bills

and there is no record of me paying off the finial bill or the convo about me moving away.

I thought it might have been fraudulent but they went on to rule that out and They are adamant there is nothing they can do and it needs to be paid,

im in the process of trying to get bank statements from that time to confirm 100% they took the payment

they also said there is no way of having this default removed which seems very wrong if it is proved that i did pay them

or if they listen to the phone calls to customer services around that time .

I would never have let a £800 debt affect my credit file

i even offered to pay it off again today in full and then claim it back once proved

but they went onto say even if i did they wouldn't remove it from my file

im left in limbo

dose anyone have any advice on what steps to now take to get this looked into ?

get the proof via an sar to your bank & prove you paid it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, follow the advice above and get the SAR in.

Also, read our customer services guide so that you can make sure that you are fully prepared if you decide to have any telephone contact with them.

You might also want to send an SAR to Vodafone.

When you think you have all the information you need then you should write to them with copies of the evidence that you have paid them.

However, there is a wider issue here and that is that they have breached their statutory duty under the Data Protection Act by making inaccurate entries on your credit file and it appears that you have suffered damage.

Please will you let us know how long the entries have been on your credit file and also maybe you can tell us exactly what problems this has caused you in terms of possible financial loss.

There is no reason for you not to be compensated on this.

For some reason or other Vodafone stands out as being the mobile phone provider which has the poorest systems in place and which treats their customers personal data in the worst way.

One might say that in terms of mobile phone providers, they are the Npower of their industry

Hi dtlewis2015,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can access your account, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form, you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please quote CAG Forum.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...