dvla took DD early and cancelled tax

sorrylittlelot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I had my direct debit set up for tax.

DVLA took first payment Monday 11th but wasn't due until thurs 14th.

DD failed and now they have cancelled tax.

I have a letter ready to send to them and my back regarding DD guarantee.

Please see below for the correspondence etc

Should i send anything else?

Thanks

Name

Address 1

Address 2

Address 3

Address 4

Postcode

Dear Sir,

Account number:

Sort Code:

Company Name: DVLA

Reference:

Amount:

Date

The Direct Debit detailed above, has been deducted from my account on a date other than that agreed with the organisation

Under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, please re-credit my account accordingly and confirm in writing once you have done so.

I have copied this letter to DVLA for their information.

Yours faithfully,

Cc DVLA

Failure to tax vehicle:

Dear

Your Direct Debit has failed and you have not made an alternative payment therefore the tax is now void. You must now pay a penalty of £80 by 11/08/15, reduced to £40 if paid by 19/07/15 and the arrears of duty of £15.00

How to pav

• By phone on 0300 790 6808 with a debit card or credit card, Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am5pm. This is a payment line only; you cannot dispute this offence by phone.

• By post, send a cheque or postal order payable to DVLA. Write the vehicle registration number on the back of any payment and return it to the above address, together with this letter.

To avoid any further enforcement action you must also tax the vehicle or make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). You can Tax or SORN your vehicle online at http://www.gov.uk/vehicletax or by phoning

0300 123 4321. You must have your vehicle registration certificate (V5C) reference number to do this. Alternatively, you can tax at a Post Office@ branch that deals with tax using your V5C, insurance certificate for vehicles registered with a Northern Ireland address, fee and MOT if applicable.

If you no longer have the vehicle you must inform us immediately by using the registration document or the back of this letter. You must still pay the penalty but do not need to tax or make a SORN. You should also complete the back of the letter if you have evidence to support a dispute. Failure to pay may result in one or more of the followinq actions:

• Your vehicle could be one of the 50,000 we clamp or seize each year.

• The debt will be passed to a Debt Recovery Agency,

Yours sincerely

Enforcement Officer

On behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport

Sent unsigned

INVESTORS

IN PEOPLE

FDSN2

Driver & Vehicle

Licensing Agency

Dear Sir/Madam

Failed

Direct Debit

Vehicle Registration Number:

The Direct Debit to tax the above vehicle has been returned unpaid. You now need to apply to tax the vehicle another way. It must be kept off the road until you have done this. If you have already done this in the last few days no further action is needed.

If you do not tax the vehicle you must keep it off the road and make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).

If you no longer have the vehicle you need to tell us. If you have already told us that you have sold or transferred the vehicle or made a SORN we will send you an acknowledgement within 4 weeks. If you have received this acknowledgement you do not need to contact us as this confirms we have updated our records, If you have not received it, phone us on 0300 790 6802.

Yours sincerely

John Hewson

Vehicles Service Manager

To get vehicle tax or to make a SORN online or by phone:

go online at http://www.gov.uk/vehicletax or phone 0300 123 4321

You will need the reference number shown on your Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C).

If you cannot or do not wish to get vehicle tax online or by phone, go to a Post Office" branch that deals with vehicle tax.

Take:

your V5C the vehicle's MOT (if it needs one), and a valid Certificate of insurance or cover note for vehicles registered with a Northern Ireland address.

By law, all drivers must be covered by motor insurance when they use a motor vehicle on the road or in any other public place. If you need more information go to: http://www.gov.uk/browse/driving

Reference number:

Please make a note of this reference for any future contact with the DVLA.

Payment schedule instalment number Payment date Payment amount

1 14/05/2015 £15.75

2 01/06/2015 £15.75

3 01/07/2015 £15.75

4 03/08/2015 £15.75

5 01/09/2015 £15.75

6 01/10/2015 £15.75

7 02/11/2015 £15.75

8 01/12/2015 £15.75

9 04/01/2016 £15.75

10 01102/2016 £15.75

11 01103/2016 £15.75

12 01/04/2016 £15.75

Total Amount Payable: £189.00

If any of the above instalment details are incorrect please call us as soon as possible on 0300 790 6802. We are open 8am to 7ptTl Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. Otherwise, no further action is required and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal.

• be-de.t.eçhed änd reiåf.nad by: fhe påyerx•.

DIRECT

Debit Guarantee

accepi instructions to pay Direct Debits

Debit DVLA will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account collect a payment, confirmation 01 the amount and date will be given to you at the time

or your bank or building socioty, you are entitled to a full and irnrnediate refund of tho

baok when DVI.A asks you to your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required Please also notify us.

The Direct

This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies

• If there are any changes to the amount. date or frequency of being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request DVLA of the request

• If an error is made in the payment of your Dlzect Debit, by amount paid from your bank or building society

If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay

• You can cancel a Direct Debi* at any iime by simpty contacting

!hat your

DVCA

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Hi mate,

Im not asking for a refund although i did get bank charge

my query is that they tried to take the DD 4 days early, it didnt clear and now my tax has been cancelled and ive been fined

They normally try twice. I had this when I taxed my car. When setting the DD up on their web site, it said that the first payment would be taken out 17 days after application for it and it did on the 17th day. What they didn't tell you is that they take two months worth - annoyed. My DD bounced but I got a text from them saying they'll try again in a few days time, only after which they would cancel it and you couldn't use DD any more. Lucky for me I was able to cover it 2nd time round. Still got an £8 bank charge though.

Hi mate,

Im not asking for a refund although i did get bank charge

my query is that they tried to take the DD 4 days early, it didnt clear and now my tax has been cancelled and ive been fined

Your letter (quoted below) states "has been deducted from my account on a date other than that agreed" and "Under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, please re-credit my account accordingly", which is why it looks like you are asking for a refund.

I have a letter ready to send to them and my back regarding DD guarantee.

Please see below for the correspondence etc

Should i send anything else?

Thanks

Name

Address 1

Address 2

Address 3

Address 4

Postcode

Dear Sir,

Account number:

Sort Code:

Company Name: DVLA

Reference:

Amount:

Date

The Direct Debit detailed above, has been deducted from my account on a date other than that agreed with the organisation

Under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee, please re-credit my account accordingly and confirm in writing once you have done so.

I have copied this letter to DVLA for their information.

Yours faithfully,

Cc DVLA

my mistake,

I will remove that part of the letter.

As I say Im just a bit miffed that they tried to take it earlier and wrote to be saying it had failed and dated the letter 3 days before it was due out. Resulting in me getting a bank charge (having a knock on effect with other bills resulting in more charges and then resulting in DVLA second attempt failing too) , then having the tax cancelled and getting fined.

Guess im trying to find a good argument regards the fine

my mistake,

I will remove that part of the letter.

As I say Im just a bit miffed that they tried to take it earlier and wrote to be saying it had failed and dated the letter 3 days before it was due out. Resulting in me getting a bank charge (having a knock on effect with other bills resulting in more charges and then resulting in DVLA second attempt failing too) , then having the tax cancelled and getting fined.

Guess im trying to find a good argument regards the fine

Oh dear! Some people just don't get it.

For years now road tax has run from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month which is the 28/29th Feb, the 30th or the 31st.

Just because your initial payment came out on the 14th doesn't mean your road tax ran from the 14th, it was back dated to the 1st which is why in the confirmation Email DVLA will have sent you it will have said your vehicle is now taxed.

It's also why if you sell your vehicle in the middle of the month you won't be refunded any part of the road tax used, the DVLA haven't offered partial refunds for road tax for years now, only whole months.

All of my vehicles, (2 cars, 2 motorcycles and a van) are now on the DD scheme and all are paid on the 1st of the month for that months road tax. It's paid in advance not in arrears.