Camera flash...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Thanks for any help.

A bit of a weird one, I was up in the Brentwood area on Friday driving along in my 20yr old 2 tonne Land Rover, saw the traffic lights change to amber, so braked as hard and as I could safely, but sadly stopped beyond the white line (front wheels only).

And saw the camera behind flash, it was a dual speed/traffic light camera. So I wasn't speeding and I didn't run a red light.

Why the flash? I only saw one, though may of been more as I wasn't looking behind me. So I have 14 days of wait now. Can anyone throw any light on this please, we don't have or I haven't seen any of these cameras in the area I live, how do they work?

Thanks for any help, great forum.

ps. I did a search but couldn't find anything conclusive.

I don't know what to advise - but although it is to late now, I think that I might have stepped out and taken a picture

Many thanks for the replies;

Yes I could of taken a picture/s but as we all know they can be edited.

I can only hope so.

Agree that's the problem with cameras, hopefully as I was braking my brake lights will show up.

Also I can't honestly remember if the light was amber or red when I crossed the line and stopped. We'll see, I'll fight it anyway, if something comes of it.

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you informed.

I've been flashed many times on the A12 by the dual cameras there, every time when the light was on amber, nothing came through. There's several new camera on the same stretch which I have seen flash randomly at people even on green. I have a dashcam video of it happening too.

Which road / junction were you on? is the camera a new one?

you should be okay . the reson for the second flash is to confirm that your rear wheels crossed the white line without stopping.

In your case it will show that you had stopped, so I would reckon that you should not hear anything further on the subject.

I'm pretty sure nothing will come through. The new A12 cameras have been malfunctioning a lot. I've even seen them flash people turning right.

Here was my post on one of the cameras, check post #3 for the video. It's a different part of the A12, but seems to be the case for a few of the cameras.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?444282-Flashed-going-though-amber-light.-Have-dashcam-proof.

OK thanks, that's strange, you'd of thought someone would keep checking them and fix if necessary.

Fixing them wouldn't bring in any money. I bet if that set was checked for accidents of vehicles going through a red light over the last ten years, it would be negligible.

The offence is committed if any part of your car crosses the line while the light is red - so in theory if the pictures show your front wheels crossed on red you're bang to rights, even if the whole car didn't cross.

Whether you'd actually get a ticket in practice for stopping with your front wheels a few inches over the line is another question. I'd hope not, but I'm not the one making the decision.

Edited by Aretnap
Oops

The offence is committed if any part of your car crosses the line while the light is red - so in theory if the pictures show your front wheels crossed on red you're bang to rights, even if

Whether you'd actually get a ticket in practice for stopping with your front wheels a few inches over the line is another question. I'd hope not, but I'm not the one making the decision.

Even if what ?

Oh agree. That's why I've no points on my licence for many years. But I do believe 3secs from amber to red even travelling well inside the speed limit is not enough to jump onto the brakes of a 2tonne vehicle whilst doing so safely and without causing a brake failure. Which has happen in the past.

So I glad we don't or haven't seen these cashcows in the Hampshire I live in.

Hope it remains that way for you.

To avoid repeats as suggested above, when you see lights on the horizon, if it has been green for sometime, recommend you take the foot of the accelerator and anticipate them changing :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.