Orange refusing sight of account details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all, been a while but I have a new problem,

my wife has cancelled her old contract with Orange as it was too expensive,

she had 3 phones on it

one for herself and

two for the kids,

the final settlement figure from Orange came through higher than expected

on enquiry she has been told that it was due to charges being added for itemised billing,

which she had never agreed to and has taken up with them in the past,

sent a SAR to orange which they have sent back and said she has to fill in thier own SAR form,

in the meantime they have passed the account to Red Castle Recoveries,

she has filled out the SAR form and I have printed off a new SAR letter for her to send them to

and also a letter for Red Castle pointing out this account is in dispute

and also attaching a letter telling them that their threats of doorstep collection will be reported to the FCA,

anything else I can do,

she is willing to settle the account in full once she can get a figure which does not include charges for services not requested,

regards Purp

you seem to be doing ok.

pers I'd ignore the DCA

they are not bailiffs

and have

no such legal powers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are not entitled to insist on the special form being filled in. Vodafone plays the same trick.

However, you want the disclosure so you are obliged to do what they say. I would suggest that you write a quick letter of complaint to the information Commissioner and tell them that you are complaining because you made a valid subject access request to orange but despite this they rejected it and wanted it made on their own form.

Complain the orange are raising obstacles unlawfully. Point out that your subject access request contained all the details that the form required.

In respect of the collection problem, you will have to look at the regulator rules which affect oranges behaviour. Amazingly, because orange are not regulated by the FCA, and any accounts are not regulated by the consumer credit act, it means that when debt collection agencies act for them – they basically have a free hand in their not obliged to follow the normal regulated debt collection guidelines.

It's a shocking loophole.

The only thing you can do is have a close look at the comms regulator website – rules and policies et cetera and see what they have to say about fair behaviour by orange. Orange are responsible for the activities of their own debt collection agents, but you have to be able to find rules which govern oranges's behaviour.

You are better also keep an eye on your credit file. In respect of the credit file, the information Commissioner's guideline is that entries relating to accounts in dispute should not be placed on people's credit file. This rule does apply to orange and the debt collection agencies – although you may find that they will ignore it and they will simply put the entries on their anyway. In a case you have to start fighting and complaining to the information Commissioner.

The whole business of communications is inadequately regulated – and once again by regulator that frankly seems to have very little interest in the consumer even though they are meant to be acting on behalf of consumers. They are all far too cosy with the businesses and we consumers are left out in the cold.

Thanks both we are both getting quite good at arse kicking in these situations due to the time we spent dealing with our other problems over the last few years with help from this forum, the dca are'nt to much of a worry I've managed to get BCW and Wescott to back down in the last year, I shall do some digging re: the information commissioner.

Well do complain about the form. It's a little game that they play and it needs to be stopped - but of course the ICO is scarcely interested either