Taking Vodafone to court? #10667726**Resolved**(fin ally)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Major update for you guys: I RECEIVED MY PHONE. Of course it couldnt go 100% as planned - DPD *did* totally screw up their timeslot and I was just heading out when the delivery guy strolled up to my place. But the phone has been received successfully so better late than never.

However, as with the last new handset, this one's showing the same messages of 'SIM card rejected' and 'SIM not provisioned'. Last time I wasted my life with Voda's people on the phone/online/in store. This time, Ive passed it on to Lee to hopefully deal with.

So we are now a step closer - here's hoping for this thread to show as 'resolved' by the end of the next week.

Major update for you guys: I RECEIVED MY PHONE. Of course it couldnt go 100% as planned - DPD *did* totally screw up their timeslot and I was just heading out when the delivery guy strolled up to my place. But the phone has been received successfully so better late than never.

However, as with the last new handset, this one's showing the same messages of 'SIM card rejected' and 'SIM not provisioned'. Last time I wasted my life with Voda's people on the phone/online/in store. This time, Ive passed it on to Lee to hopefully deal with.

So we are now a step closer - here's hoping for this thread to show as 'resolved' by the end of the next week.

Does the SIM work fine in a different handset?

A store may be useless in fixing the problem, but might be helpful in determining :

Does the handset give that error with all SIMs?

Does that SIM work in other (identical model) handsets?

Does that SIM work in other (different model) handsets?

Do Voda know? Do Voda care??.

I don't know that they can expect to fix the problem until they have worked out what problem they need to fix!

Does the SIM work fine in a different handset?

A store may be useless in fixing the problem, but might be helpful in determining :

Does the handset give that error with all SIMs?

Does that SIM work in other (identical model) handsets?

Does that SIM work in other (different model) handsets?

Do Voda know? Do Voda care??.

I don't know that they can expect to fix the problem until they have worked out what problem they need to fix!

I tried the SIM in an iphone and it worked fine. I tried the iphone's SIM in this phone and it had the same problem. I cant try it on my older BB because it doesnt take nano SIM.

What phone is it? Could i make a suggestion you get the device unlocked from sim-unlock.net?

They are usually quite cheap :)

Ive used them tons of time! :) I get the unlock code in 20 minutes through my email :)

Saves having to pay vodafone £20 for the unlock code

IT should work from the get go i know but still...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

What phone is it? Could i make a suggestion you get the device unlocked from sim-unlock.net?

They are usually quite cheap :)

Ive used them tons of time! :) I get the unlock code in 20 minutes through my email :)

Saves having to pay vodafone £20 for the unlock code

IT should work from the get go i know but still...

Its Blackberry Classic and that is a damn good suggestion. If nothing happens after Lee's intervention, I will do just that - thanks for the fab suggestion :)

Its Blackberry Classic and that is a damn good suggestion. If nothing happens after Lee's intervention, I will do just that - thanks for the fab suggestion :)

Your Welcome.

Saves waiting 7 days and £20 when you can get it for; £5 and get it under 10 mins xd

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all =)

Quick update as its been a while and I was holding off for the final issue to be resolved before posting a final update on the situation:

Basically, following my SIM issue, I just whacked my old SIM into the new handset and voila! I now have the working awesome amazing BB classic Ive been battling for all these months.

HOWEVER- there is now one remaining issue - which Im surprised (tho I really shouldnt be) is even an issue - the tariff cost for which I was offered a 40% discount. Lee appears to have confused the monthly cost for the Passport and the Classic, which is a cheaper handset even though the costs are clearly stated on Voda's website. Plus I already agreed the tariff with Voda back in April and expect this to be honoured.

Once that's resolved to my satisfaction, this matter can FINALLY be closed.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

So Ive been waiting till I could make a once-and-for-all final update and here it is:

The tariff issue has been resolved and my defective handset has been received by Voda. So that ties up all the loose ends and marks the end of this issue at last.

Huge thanks to this forum for all your support and guidance, I would probably still be stuck at square one otherwise.

Take care and kind regards :)

Hi and a final well done for seeing this through. Others would have thrown in the towel by now.

I don't think I could go as far as saying well done to VF this time as it has taken so long for it to be resolved.

Ill mark your thread accordingly

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE