ESA claim

Dan27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been claiming ESA since the start of February. My next fit note is due up on Friday 26th June. I have a appointment with a different Doctor from the usual one I see on a monthly basis. My appointment is on Tuesday. As the Doctor I usually see is on holiday. I usually get a fit note that covers me for a month. I have severe anxiety problems that are hard for me to control and make everyday hard to deal with different situations. I am awaiting a call from a psychologist for help with this. I don't appear to be getting any better. I'm so nervous and highly anxious about seeing the doctor and just hope he gives me a fit note. You can ask for a fit note at reception for a doctor to sign but as mine is away I thought it would be best to see another doctor. Does anybody have any advice please.

I always take notes in with me even when I see my own GP. It does help and you can also leave the notes with them if need be, I find it helps when they update their records and my GP keeps my notes on file too. This helps them too if they are ever asked to do a report etc by dwp.

Seeing a different GP can be a massive thing to us that suffer anxiety at a high level. Just the thought of having to try to explain it all in a very short appointment to someone who is new to you and vice versa can be alarming.

Make notes and leave them with the GP. Dont be afraid to ask for another month as you are still awaiting further help. You could even request this in your notes. I often say that its hard to get it all out so I have brought notes to help us both.

Good Luck.

I'm dreading the appointment tomorrow. Just hope it goes well enough and get another fit note. I'm not work ready yet. I also suffer constant back pain,

and shortness of breath after limited exercise especially stairs. Have quite severe sleep apnoea and get regular dizzy spells. I have high blood pressure. Most of this is probably down to me being overweight. I am losing weight, lost 39lb in 22 weeks but have still got alot more to go.

I got on quite well. They gave me a note for two months but it said I maybe fit for work with all the boxes ticked or crossed because it was printed except for altered hours following support. I was worried whether this would be accepted until I found this online: Your patient may ask you for a fit note to support their claim to ESA, or if they wish to claim ESA while they appeal DWP’s decision - see guidance on completing fit notes at www.dwp.gov.uk/fitnote. DWP will normally accept fit notes stating both ‘not fit’ and ‘may be fit’ for these purposes. If your patient’s appeal is unsuccessful, you should only issue further fit notes if their condition worsens significantly or they develop a new condition. I'm hoping it will be acceptable because it's a very stressful experience going to the doctors.

"May be fit for work..." with some conditions is still a statement that the doctor believes you have limited capability for work, which is what is important when claiming ESA. There should not be a problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have just received a text off the DWP saying they have received my fit note. Your payment will be paid to your account on your pay day. Your next Fit Note is due on (02/09/2015). Which covers the next payday after the sick note is due up on the 23rd August. I shall book myself in the Doctors During the week of the 24th August. No worries now.