Jump to content

Need help with old catalogue debt that i didnt sign credit agreement for

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2087 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi guys


I have an old Kays catalogue 2010 that is on my credit report and has had a CCJ applied 2014.



I took the catalogue on from my mum originally but never signed an agreement.



I then ended up moving house twice and knew nothing about the CCJ until now.


What do i do?



I could either get the ccj put aside which i think i have to do a n224 form for and comes with a fee.



Question will i have to go to court to set it aside as im a nervous wreck.


My other option would be to challenge the debt because its not signed.



I dont have a credit agreement so i cant check whether there are any loop holes.


If i do this has anyone got a draft letter they could provide me as i havnt a clue about laws and stuff like that.


if anyone chooses to reply please bear in mind im not very good understanding legal stuff :|


Thanks for looking x

Link to post
Share on other sites

would have been an automatic sign up to the CCA in 2010



not very much you can do. sadly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks for responding so quickly.

Would it be an idea to get the CCJ set aside as I have proof I had left the address the CCj must have been delivered too?

I have a few questions regarding CCJ set aside:

Would I have to appear in Court?

Would I be ordered to pay it all at once as im on benefits?

Would the court costs that were put on top of the debt be taken off?


Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you inform the creditor you moved? Simply moving and having proof isn't enough. You need to have told them otherwise the last known address is OK as they would have had no reason to believe otherwise

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are on benefits you may be able to claim exemption for the court set aside fee, so it may not cost you. But yes you would need to make a case and attend a hearing to explain your case.


When you say that you took over the account from your Mum, how was this done ? I would have thought they had to issue a new credit agreement in your name, but you would not have to sign it.


You could send them a CCA request asking for a copy of the CCA in your name, Even though the CCJ is now in place, if you find out that they did not issue a CCA in your name, you may be able to get the set aside.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...