Grattan debt assigned to Lowell***Resolved Default Markers removed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have an old Grattan debt that has now been taken over by Grattan's.

With Grattan's bizzare accounting system they had divided the account into two: Up until a month ago there were two Grattan accounts on my credit file, one was a default and the other showed as settled and dated 2011. - Neither show on my credit file now???

I had CCa'd Grattan and got this response:

Dear....

Your email has been passed for my attention with regard to the above numbered account.

With regard to your request for a copy of the agreement unfortunately your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not comply with the requirements for such under the act, and therefore we are under no obligation to furnish you with the information requested.

I trust this resolves your enquiry, if I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Yours sincerely

I know this is bogus (well I hope so) and the fact that they did not supply an agreement puts the account into dispute.

Lowell however are ringing and sending their letters. They have just sent me a statment of account for both accounts.

I am worried that they will now place a default on my file.

Do I send them a prove it letter and if so which one?

They cannot apply a new default to your credit file, if the one the cat placed on there has outlived it's six year life.

How old is this agreement?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When was the last payment made?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you can find out the exact date of your last payment, then that will put you in better stead to attack them.

Did you send a full CCA request with the £1 fee? Send lowell it. If grattan dont have it, and its unlikely they do, the lowell are out of luck. Nip it in the bud fast as lowell will try court action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you send a full CCA request with the £1 fee? Send lowell it. If grattan dont have it, and its unlikely they do, the lowell are out of luck. Nip it in the bud fast as lowell will try court action.

I did the coca request to grattan and their reply is in my 1st post. I still have their email response.

If last payment was Apr 2011 then not SB till May 2017, so as RG said above, fire off another CCA request to Lowlifes

see what they can muster up, if anything.

Yep. Send the correct request and the ball is in Lowell's court. They will do court if they think they can get a judgement so get that request in fast.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Do it by post ( letter can be found in the CAG library, and include a blank PO for £1. They MUST comply, and because it's that old, theyd need the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Received letters from Lowell saying that they have requested the CCA's from Grattan and will contact me in 12 days.That will be interesting as Grattan doesn't have them. I went through the SAR information and there was no CCA for either accounts. The defaults have also been removed from my credit file which I find odd but not sorry about.

They have 12+2 days to supply it. If they fail, dont tell them. Just ignore them until something turns up. They cant go to court without it, and they cannot add a new default at all.

• 1 month later...

Keep that letter safe as Lowell will sell it on. They've only said that they will not make contact, not that they won't sell it on

Ha ha lowlifes fail again!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess What?

Lowell's have only gone and registered 2 defaults on my credit file.

This is after telling me that they are no longer chasing it and Grattan themselves removing them some time ago.

I'll obviously complain but they've got some front.

They've kept the same date as the original D/F.

2 accounts originally with Grattan but only 1 had defaulted.

Lowell has registered defaults on both of them with the same date of August 2012.

1 wasn't even on my credit file.

Interestingly no previous markers or payment records on the credit file

Complain to the credit agency, the DCA, the FCA and also the ICO.

Ooh lovely I can feel some compo coming on for defamation!