Halfman

Pension credit and childrens money

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am on pension credit and recently my two children have inherited enough money between them that if counted towards family savings will take us considerably over £16000.

Do childrens savings affect my Pension credit.

The children are aged 12 and 8 years old.

As long as the children inherited legitimately - in other words the money was left to them, and not left to you (or partner) and then given to them, then it doesn't affect pension credit.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Thanks for the replies.

The money is from my Mother and can be proved, so no problems with that side.

Thanks again.

make sure the money is put into accounts in the children's names - so it does not get confused with your own - as this can sometimes cause problems

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.