Tomnbk

Harlands Group - Cancelled Gym

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1554 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have been in a contract with xercise4less for over my 12 month period and have since joined a new gym!

I cancelled my dd as was now 'out of contract'

I have just received a letter from hardlands group demanding a 25 quid admin fee and the cancellation period fee?

Can I just ignore this? I am moving house soon in any case...

Any help appreciated thanks!

Moved to the gym forum

Plenty to read here

DX

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks Dx! Don't want to spend time worrying about nothing

Hi Tom and welcome to CAG

Not a good idea to ignore this, especially if you're moving soon. That leaves you open to court action being taken using the old address and you'd know nothing about it until you find a CCJ registered against your CRA file. Court action is highly unlikely but you shouldn't take the risk.

Instead, read other threads where folk failed to give notice and adapt a letter to send to Harlands. Example here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?445378-Harlands-Xercise4less&p=4732307&viewfull=1#post4732307

Add to the letter - "I will deal with matter in writing only."

You'll see from other threads that many folk have done the same as you but you should NOT have to pay more than 1 month's fee.

Keep us updated. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Should I give them my new address I'm awfully confused about the whole thing

Hi Tom,

Yes, for the reason I gave above, give Harlands your new address when writing your letter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)