Zero Hour Contract issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'm on a zero hour contract and have a couple of concerns over my rights.

My concerns are

1 - should I be on the same pay as full time employees after 12 weeks.

2 - Get asked to go home early but take it as a holiday at that exact time.

According to my partner regarding issue 2, as she's a manager and says most of her employees are on Zero hour contracts it's actually illegal to send them home early at that exact time unpaid or make them take it as a holiday if they want it paid.

As they need to give you notice for reduced hours.

a zero hours contractn allows you to negotiate the time you work, it does not allow your employer to agree working times and then send you home and demand you take it as holiday.

Your contract may decide that you can be sent home due to lack of work but that doesnt affect your holiday rights.

The 12 weeks equal pay refers to agency worker rights, not zero hours

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

1. Even if you were taken on as a permanent, full-time member of staff, you wouldn't necessarily entitled to be paid the same as anyone else unless you are matched like-for-like in terms of role, responsibility, experience, qualifications, etc. So long as the difference isn't due to discriminatory factors such as gender.

2. With zero hour contracts, you're not obliged to accept any work just as your employer is not obliged to offer you any. If you're not contracted to work/be paid for a set number of hours and only for the hours you actually work, taking the remainder of a shift as holiday in order to be paid would be the only way.

Zero hour contracts are sadly, definitely more employer favoured for the majority of people and are too easily exploited.

• 1 year later...