Vodafone have taken money they assured in writing they would not take

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been having problems with Vodafone all year - they just get worse and worse! I called in Feb to report poor network coverage. They assured me it was just 4G upgrades and would be over soon. They promised that once the maintenance was finished they would refund my monthly tariff, back dated to when the problems started.

In March, I was still having problems (ironically even the call to complain failed from my mobile as I had no signal!). Same story but conveniently they had no record of my previous call and compensation promise. However they offered £15 goodwill and a months tariff. Pretty poor considering I had only been able to communicate via imessage / whatsapp (anything using wireless but not Vodafone's line!) 90% of the time since December.

In May I had had enough and with my contract up in June I called to discuss leaving. The representative I spoke to gave me my PAC code and explained that it's activation would be the start of a 30 day notice period. We agreed this would work fine as my contract was up on 6th June. I passed this code to my new supplier on 9th May and they activated it on 12th May.

An subsequent online chat with another rep after this was the most dreadful customer service experience of my life! He was rude, sarcastic and unhelpful. I had got in touch again as my credits had not been activated. He agreed to arrange these then he also then told me I would have early termination fees added to my final bill! After 2 hours (!) online chat, he and a superior assured me that this would be waived due to the advice their other colleague had given me.

So, obviously, on Sunday I received a bill including termination fees. A phonecall got me nowhere. The rep (again conveniently) could not see the online chat transcript promising to waive the fees. So I got back on online chat and the rep checked the transcript and again arranged to waive these and resubmit my bill. I am yet to receive the recalculated bill and struggle to believe that it really will be changed. Pretty sure they will take the money then I'll have the mother of all fights trying to get it refunded. More time, more stress.

I don't think I can put into words how shocked I am that such a company has such terrible procedures and gaps in communication between departments. Never, ever again will I go back. Vodafone has a long way to go in terms of customer service (bordering on aggressive in some situations) and also coverage for their customers. They really do not care!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted previously about my dealings with Vodafone and sure enough despite telling me in writing that I would not be charged a £96.77 final bill, but that they actually owed me £31 and they had waived the bill and were sending me a cheque, no cheque has appeared and £96.77 has today left my account.

I still can't believe that a company such as this can get away with their terrible service. How on earth will I get my money back plus the money they actually owe me?

It seems to be hopeless talking to their chat team. They obviously never action what they assure their customers. The time I have spent trying to sort this is ridiculous. I am getting nowhere and have no idea what to do next.

Get onto your bank and demand a full immediate refund.

Then cancel any CPA Voda have got on your account.

Start their complaints procedure as well, and NOT over the phone, for a telecomms company they are

fantastically incompetent discussing issues over the phone!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Incompetent via every avenue of communication. I got on to hat again and they had put a credit in my account (what use is that, I have left!) but have now assured me it is being refunded to my account. I think I will contact bank though as so far they have not once done what they said they'd do!!

I didn't realise they had an official complaints procedure, their website is also so difficult to navigate around. Will look into this thank you.

I was told that a credit would be put onto my account (PAYG) - it was not put on, though applied later during a complaint, so, please do check your bank.

You can deal with their customer services which I see that you know they are incompetent via every avenue of communication, so, alternatively you can write to their CEO as a complaint. http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/jeroenhoencamp/

Thank you so much that is very useful I will write a letter. They do need to do something about their procedures. One almost thinks they make it this hard on purpose so that the complainer gives up in despair!

Hi boodle79,

I'm sorry to see that you've left us.

If you'd like me to check your account to make sure everything is resolved, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form, you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please quote CAG Forum.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK