Bank charges - is it still possible to reclaim?

nataku
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I owe two banks just over £4k from long ago - it was the result of bank charges and excessive borrowing to cover those charges. At times it was actually the charges that caused more charges. Those two bank accounts are still on my credit file as defaults and as far as I know were closed some time ago. Both date just over 6 years ago.

Because of those two banks and their charges my credit history was badly damaged, I tried borrowing from other companies to 'make it right' and pay it off but the snowballing effect has started and soon I found myself borrowing more than I could afford to pay, debts were piling up and I suffered two major breakdowns and am still battling with depression, anxieties and poor health. And still battling with poor credit history and debts piling up.

My question is - is it still possible and doable to reclaim charges or some of the charges or to nullify or reduce the debt that I owe to those two banks.

Many thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

I have received great help from CAG on several occasions and contribiuted a bit. Did you? :ban::boink::madgrin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

I don't give any advice as I am not at all qualified! I only express my views and ideas. :loco:

I know this doesn't answer your question but are you making any payments to either of the bank accounts?

You say above that the debts are piling up - perhaps if you list everything here somebody will advise on your best approach.

outside of 6yrs its a hard hard job.

wat is the defaulted dates on these?

any defaulted debt should vanish on the defaults 6th birthday.

might still be owed mind..

let see the debts your have

ever sent CCA's off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Overdraft?

Credit card?

Loan?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hello, both debts are over 6 years, the defaults are dated Lloyds 05/05/2010 (I'm sure it's wrong and they defaulted me earlier) Natwest default is 22/12/2011. I had a brief IVA in 10/2012

I have received great help from CAG on several occasions and contribiuted a bit. Did you? :ban::boink::madgrin:

I don't give any advice as I am not at all qualified! I only express my views and ideas. :loco:

Overdraft?

Credit card?

Loan?

both overdrafts