Misinformed By Curry's - My Surface Pro 3 Keyboard [Resolved]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So... Lets see where to start.

Back in March I purchased a Surface Pro 3 Keyboard, Knowing that i was going to purchase a SP3 at somepoint in April.

That I did. It remained in storage for a while until I purchased a SP3 and decided to use them together.

When i started using it, I noticed a rather severe battery drain that would kill the battery life of my SP3 when attached. When not attached, it was fine. Lasting almost 8 hours with one use.

So I returned it back to Curry's while I was home in Portsmouth for a quick holiday. They said to me that they would take it away and that I would need to talk direct to Microsoft about getting a replacement. I was told the existing one was going to be recycled / destroyed.

So going along with this (Microsoft did this before a long time ago), I left it for a little while then on the 14th May, I contacted Microsoft to be told that I had been informed incorrectly and that I would need to get it back from Currys. I was also told it would fall under standard warranty and that it would need to returned direct to them for exchange.

I wasnt impressed as it was clear that Currys had lied to me and by this point I Realised I was £109 down and also without a working keyboard. This is when I finally decided to email into CEO Sebastian James after getting nowhere with trying to track down my keyboard (Apparently Microsoft hadnt received the original back)

Yesterday, I got a less than impressive response after fighting it out over the weekend.

Dear Fkofilee,

We have no evidence to confirm you left the type cover with us and you have been unable to provide anything to contradict this fact.

We will not be replacing the type cover, this is our final stance in this matter unless you can provide evidence to suggest otherwise.

If you are still unhappy I suggest you seek third party advice from trading standards or citizens advice as previously stated.

Yours sincerely,

Helen Doyle

KNOWHOW™ CEO Support Team

Well.... Lets say I was fuming after receiving this. So I kicked off on Twitter today. And Oh BOY! It got a result.

I finally managed to persuade them to look into it again today and they eventually folded. They gave me a voucher for £109 that was used in store to buy a brand new Type Cover 3.

Needs to say, it shouldnt get this far in the first place, but Im glad its finally resolved. Ive just picked it up and works a treat!

For reference, if anyone does have any issues; You can contact;

And also

@knowhowtohelp / @CurrysPCWorld
on twitter.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis