Exercise4Less **Resolved with refund !!**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

signed up to exercise4less about 5 months ago got on a coperate deal through work so went in to enquire and as always was pressured into joining up, wanted to get fit and couldnt argue with £10 a month so decided to speak to someone they said because you work at VM you can join for £10 and then my monthly payments would be £9.99 a month

So was happy with this went away 3 days later was paid by work and on returning the bloke i spoke to was not available when i mentioned the £10 joining fee the young lad who dealt with me said he had not heard of that before and it would be £37 to join but i would get what they call a chicken hamper, loads of stuff like gym outfit, gym bag, water bottle, sweat band etc etc, never received the hamper, was told on a weekly basis the stuff i need is out of stock unsure when delivery would be made took the £37 out of my bank, then £9.99 2 weeks later.

So i was patient and waited another 3 weeks up until they still decide no delivery has been made so i got really annoyed went home cancelled the direct debit joined another gym with a few friends who has been brilliant with no issues, 2 months later Harlands who deals with Exercise4less direct debit payments decides to tell me i have cancelled the direct debit and they have added there own £25 admin fee for failed direct debit, ignored this letter then 4 weeks later another £25 added for another missed direct debit

These people have done nothing but stress me out i got on email to exercise4less where they ignored my complaint, i emailed them again yesterday and the new manager got in touch about me filling out a 30 day cancellation form but said the penalty would still stand, or i can pay up the oustanding balance and continue with them,

Way i see it is they never supplied me with the goods they promised and now have the cheek to tell me they are in stock for collection anytime but yet i cant use the gym because i owe them oustanding money aint this breach of contract from there end ?

I want nothing to do with this company and just want the whole thing cancelling

any help or advice please

Many Thanks

Hi Ice and welcome to CAG

Take some time to read other threads here about Harlands and Xercise4Less. This one in particular - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?445378-Harlands-Xercise4less(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Note that we maintain Harlands admin charges are unlawful, unenforceable penalties.

Do not speak to the gym or Harlands by phone at all. If they call you, tell them "In writing only", then hang up.

Can you tell us :-

1. Did you use the gym at all and, if so, when was the last time.

2. Did you get ANY of the promised "hamper".

I think you may have grounds to seek the return of the £37 DD under the DD Guarantee Scheme if they took more than you were told originally. However, I'll comment on this further when you answer my Q's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the late reply been very busy at work

I used the gym for a period of 4 weeks on and off think at most 5 or 6 times for 1 hour sessions this is when i decided to cancel the DD as they was making promises and not delivering them to me, also never received the hamper or the other bits and bobs they promised

I also received a letter the other day saying my charges are now £216 this has come from a solicitior aparntly i chose to ignore harlands and now they have passed it to these people, also the manager at the exercise4less gym i attended is also useless and is no help whats so ever

if you need detailed information i will have to email him requesting this

i am thinking of writing a letter to exercise4less head office but need some help on the writing maybe theres a template somewhere

i will check the link now many thanks for your concern and help on this matter i just feel like i have been robbed and how can a gym at 12 months equal to £216 my calculations are £119.98

Edited by slick132
defamatory reference removed

Hi Ice,

Is it Majorlaw Solicitors that have contacted you ?

The reason for the demands being higher than the sum of the annual fees is that Harlands are piling on their ridiculous admin fees (unlawful penalty charges).

You paid the £37 joining fee, despite being told before that it would be only £10. Also, you've not said receiving the "Chicken Hamper" was a condition of paying the higher fee.

So I'm not confident that you should seek a refund of the £37.

There's no template for writing to X4Less's HO. If you want to write to them, put a draft here first. Keep it really brief and stick just to the points about :-

1. Being told of the £10 joining fee and then being told to pay £37.

2. The higher fee was for a Chicken Hamper that was repeatedly promised but never came , hence why you cancelled your DD mandate after 3 weeks and joined another gym.

3. Harlands are now making demands for huge amounts including unlawful penalty charges and the full years fees.

4. In view of the failure of the gym staff to treat you fairly or honestly, you had the right to cancel and you now require X4Less to tell Harlands to drop their ridiculous demands.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ice and thanks for the update.

Sounds like a great result and thread title changed to reflect your **WIN**.

If you can manage any site donation, it'll help us be here to help others.

That will be much appreciated Ice and thanks.

hi ya

it would be better if you start a new thread

of your own

regards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

star, I will move your post to a thread of its own. Will drop a link back here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D