Tablet returned unrepaired

bozdag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 from Curry's which went faulty.

The battery percentage would fluctuate massively within seconds of unplugging the tablet

as well as restarts and screen artifacts etc.

The tablet was only usable tethered to a charger.

As per advice from other forum members in another post,

I accepted Curry's offer to repair under warranty,

even though I initially requested an exchange under SOGA as it was the responsibility

of the retailer to repair the goods without causing significant inconvenience to the customer.

I got my tablet back today,

with a note inside the box saying that the battery was replaced and the tablet was tested and working.

I turned it on in the store and it only had 7% battery left which I found odd since they were supposedly testing the device just a couple days ago.

Surely the battery would be charged more than 7%. Especially if a new battery was fitted as they say

I brought it home, plugged it into the charger and it shot up to 65% in 2 seconds.

I left it to charge for hours and then turned the device on to which I noticed, was in exactly the same situation as it was before.

How could they even say it was tested?

This is the most obvious issue, and will show itself just by turning it on.

since Curry's have failed to repair my tablet when I gave them the chance,

am I right in being able to demand an exchange at this point and be able to take them to court if they refuse?

Thanks for reading my long story, and thanks in advance for any responses.

short answer is no if its outside of 6mts old.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

short answer is no if its outside of 6mts old.

dx

So how will I ever get a working tablet? They will just keep taking it for repair and returning it unrepaired all the while claiming that it has been repaired.

no you need to return it again

I think they have 3 chances under sOGA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you sure it's not the charger that has a problem ?

It is also the retailers choice of either refund, replace or repair.

It is not the charger. I have many chargers and none of them charge the tablet properly, but they charge all my other devices. The battery has just lost all it's capacity.

I know they can choose. But they've already failed to repair it. What's funny is that they said they replaced the battery and tested the tablet to make sure it works. Evidence suggests they did neither.

The problem shows itself after 5 seconds of turning on the tablet. I can't keep returning a device only for them to claim they have fixed it when in reality nothing was done. It even says that they tested the hinge, HDD, keyboard and trackpad on the tablet... The tablet doesn't have any of those so it's obvious they just print it out for show.

I would suggest you go back to the shop and get one of the staff to witness the problem telling him that is was supposed to have been repaired by them. If you don't get any joy, then we start to get tough quoting the regulations.

How long have you had the tablet? I don't think that you have told us so far.

I disagree about any rule relating to the Sale of Goods Act giving three chances for repair. I think it all depends on the particular circumstances of each case.

How long did they have it while they were repairing it? I think that this inconvenience to you also has to be taken into consideration.

If you have had the use of the tablet for a reasonable period of time then the best that you will be able to sue for would be for the value of the tablet less the value of the time that you have used it.

For instance, if you would normally expect the tablet to last, say, five years and you have had six months untroubled use out of it, then you would expect to be able to claim the replacement value of the tablet minus a deduction to represent six months use of it.

Six months use of a five-year tablet means that you have used up 10% of the value. This means you could claim a refund less 10%.

Currys will not go along with this of course because they are dinosaurs and also they don't understand customer rights. You would have to at least begin to sue them before they eventually backed down. Currys best position of course would be to provide you with a refurbished replacement – but because they are idiots and they have no particular business sense, it wouldn't occur to them to do this.

Please tell us a bit more about the time you have had the tablet, how long ago the fault started and how long you have lost the tablet for during the period of repair

The new regs coming in this October will clear up any confusion (hopefully) and (I believe) has the retailers wetting themselves.

They will have one chance to repair (unless the consumer agrees to more) before replacement or refund and in the first 6 months, the retailer cannot reduce any refund for 'enjoyment' of the product.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Currys will not go along with this of course because they are dinosaurs and also they don't understand customer rights.

I think they understand them alright, probably more than most, they just don't like abiding by them.

I bought the tablet in July 2014. Note that it was the top Samsung model, and still is. Due to be superseded soon so you should easily expect 5 years out of it.

And receiving a refund of it's current value is absolutely fine. If that means getting my money back to buy a replacement elsewhere is totally fine by me.

Although I actually requested an exchange.

How long have you had the tablet? I don't think that you have told us so far.

I disagree about any rule relating to the Sale of Goods Act giving three chances for repair. I think it all depends on the particular circumstances of each case.

How long did they have it while they were repairing it? I think that this inconvenience to you also has to be taken into consideration.

If you have had the use of the tablet for a reasonable period of time then the best that you will be able to sue for would be for the value of the tablet less the value of the time that you have used it.

For instance, if you would normally expect the tablet to last, say, five years and you have had six months untroubled use out of it, then you would expect to be able to claim the replacement value of the tablet minus a deduction to represent six months use of it.

Six months use of a five-year tablet means that you have used up 10% of the value. This means you could claim a refund less 10%.

Currys will not go along with this of course because they are dinosaurs and also they don't understand customer rights. You would have to at least begin to sue them before they eventually backed down. Currys best position of course would be to provide you with a refurbished replacement – but because they are idiots and they have no particular business sense, it wouldn't occur to them to do this.

Please tell us a bit more about the time you have had the tablet, how long ago the fault started and how long you have lost the tablet for during the period of repair

I had a go at Currys Today on their Social Media site. They lost my Surface Pro 3 Type Cover.

They replaced it in store today no quarms. Ill be doing my own thread, But id kick off @knowhowtohelp and email; [email protected]

Trust me, today I found Social Media DOES Talk!

Before you go down the route of SOGA, etc Try that!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis