Sports Connexion and DFC problems **SORTED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi MS,

If you're certain of the date you gave notice, you could reply to the email :-

I refer to your email of xxdate.

I have checked my records and I gave the gym notice to cancel on 2nd June.

You took the DD payment on 8th June and that is the last payment you are entitled to.

I do not owe, and will not pay, any more in this matter.

Further demands from you will be reported to Trading Standards and The CMA.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Absolutely positive :-) I have an email from 2 June to The Sports Connexion requesting cancellation, and then another one to them on 5 June to advise I'd spoken to DFC and asking them to liaise as necessary.

Will keep you posted if they continue to argue it.

Thanks so much again

Good news!

I've just had an email from DFC after challenging the final payment on Tuesday... and they've said my account is now closed!

I should still get a response from the director at the gym as requested, but I anticipate it will simply be an acknowledgement (and maybe even an apology if I'm lucky!) rather than an argument or demand.

CAG 1, gym cowboys 0!

Thank you so much for all your help, the world needs more people like you!! :-)

Hi MS,

Excellent result and thread title amended to reflect your win. :whoo:

If you can manage any Site Donation, it'll help us stay here to help others, thanks.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I start this post with a large sigh...

I'm sorry to bother you all again.

Today DFC have contacted me again to say that I do owe another payment, despite beginning every email with "the contents of your correspondence have been noted on file" - which is clearly BS.

I'm at the end of my tether with the whole situation. I know everything needs to be kept in writing for evidence, but I really just want to phone either SC or DFC and have it out on the phone; SC seem to refuse to correspond even in response to a formal complaint, and DFC's replies are extremely vague and brief with any questions for specific information being ignored.

I don't know what to do, I'm tempted to just ignore it all now seeing as I've already had confirmation my account has been closed once, and hope they just get bored and drop it.

Hi MS,

You've had their confirmation in writing that the matter was closed as per post #28.

There is nothing to be gained by phoning anyone so avoid this completely.

You got it right in your last sentence - IGNORE them completely.

Keep us posted ...........