BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1750 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son has recently booked a holiday to Turkey for the end of July but has today heard reports of attacks by ISIS in the area that he is due to fly to next month. He has not taken out any insurance as he usually books it a week before he goes. Due to the recent development can he ask for a refund as he will be unable to travel???:-(:-(

I think you can only cancel if the foreign office advise no travel to the area.

I'm sure I've seen this scenario before

I think you can only cancel if the foreign office advise no travel to the area.

I'm sure I've seen this scenario before

That is correct. It has to be a specific warning against travel to the specific area of the country the holiday was booked in. It cannot just be a standard warning that there have been issues. Many people were annoyed that they could not get a refund for Kenyan holidays, because the terrorist attack was in one specific area and the foreign office had not warned against travel to the whole of Kenya.

It would be the travel company who would deal with it and not necessarily a claim on travel insurance, but he should get insurance ASAP just in case there is a formal warning issued. Once there is an official foreign office warning not travel, any policy issued after this would not provide cover.

To anyone who reads this thread, it is always wise to arrange Travel Insurance as soon as you book and pay for holiday. This ensures you have cancellation cover ASAP..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread