Lowells/carter claimform OH's old CAP1 Card 'debt' ***Claim Discontinued***

MadMat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" He told me that I'm definitely within the 6 years as it goes by the default date not last payment date "

What would happen if they never issued a Default Notice ? Pleased you didn't up your offer Mat..let it proceed to trial and even if you lose ..pay them a £1 a month.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually the mediator that brought up the subject of SB, he read the default date from the claim form, and said “it's within the six years“ to which I replied “doesn't it go on the last payment date not default date“ his reply, was “No it goes by the last time they officially chased it!“

His whole attitude was that the claim was good and all that was left to do was haggle over how much we were going to pay.

Mat

• 1 month later...

Attached is an allocation notice

I've been meaning to post this for a few days - was waiting to see what Lowells served on us in reply

So far nothing at all!

Can we ask the court to strike out the claim if they don't supply the required paperwork within the 2 weeks ?

Mat

It would appear we've won!!

Notice of discontinuation received from Lowells in todays post! I will leave it a few days and then confirm that the court have received the same form.

Mat

great news

another speculative fleecing attempt batted away

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Begs the question as to how many CCJ's are obtained based on wrong information, DCA's will get their Solicitors to issue court claims, when they are not in possession of all the documents or all information. We have seen many cases where they are having to go back to OC's after claims get defended and they find out some of the info they have was wrong. Carters are a bit cheeky suggesting to debtors that they won't provide the documents as the OC would have sent them some time ago.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you everyone who offered advice, especially Andyorch and dx100uk. without you I'm sure my wife would be stuck with a CCJ by now!

Amusing how full of themselves they were until we got to the stage where a judge said "Prove it" to them!!

Although I'm not going to do a victory dance until I get the confirmation from the court that it's been discontinued.

Mat

Delighted for you MM:-)

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

OK We have today had confirmation from the court that this has been discontinued.

Is that now the end of the matter, or can Lowells sell it on and a new claim be made by another firm.

Thank you all again

Mar

Possible but unlikely.

Andy