You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx   https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx
    • I would have thought it easier in small claims.  Your wife very kindly and considerately wrote to her employer offering more notice than she was obliged to do.  No doubt she had the best interests of her employer in mind and wanted to give them adequate time to plan ahead and find a replacement.  To her amazement, her employer took advantage of her kindness and unreasonably treated her notice as taking immediate effect, blah, blah blah.   Personally, I think an argument like that is quite likely to succeed in small claims where they won't be accustomed to arguing the niceties of employment contracts.  It's obvious your wife is being taken advantage of.   Again, I think you are more likely to get an even-handed and fair hearing in small claims than at an ET.   However, I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not an employment lawyer.  See what others advise and whether anybody else thinks it would be easier and more likely to be successful simply to sue.  (Oh - and remember if you want to sue them for the money you've got six years to do so, whereas the time limits for ETs are ridiculously tight.  Can't remember off the top of my head but is it something stupid like 60 or 90 days?  Ridiculous).   Of course there may then be issues about getting future references from them.  But if you go down the ET route that'll likely be a problem anyway.    
    • say i was going to write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest do I write to them first or do I stop payments then write to them ?   Same if I was going for a DRO do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .   Also I see for a DRO it says ive got to go through  an authorised debt adviser so who do i go to about this and at moment we still on lockdown here in wales and not many places open .   Last off ive asked regarding pro rata forms and still cant find any 
    • Yes but I think in a small claims court it will be far harder to prove. I have plenty of evidence to discredit the Director but again it could still not be enough.   She will be a month with no money and I think it’s far more risky than a tribunal where this action alone could result in the desired outcome.   I have said to her to request a face to face meeting to enable both parties to conclude, ideally resolve and at that point we can decide what action we wish to take.    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
quailpower

Stolen But In A Stupid Way That I Cant Report It??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello again,

Yet again something absolutely stupid has happened to me. My car has been stolen, but it couldn't be that simple.

I have a red Alfa Romeo, SORN and uninsured, I took the engine out of it an transplanted it in my car, and took a few other bits and bats so it was just a rolling shell full of junk (became our skip as we knew we were getting rid).

We towed it to the local scrap yard this morning (on an A frame which wasn't really legal). When we got to the gates, we realised we had forgot the V5. So unhooked the car, drove home and got it. When we got back to the scrap yard they were closed and the car was gone. It has no engine so it cant have been drove and the sod was heavy, on space saver wheels and with partially seized brakes so couldnt have been pushed.

You can see the full scrap yard and it isnt in there, what do I do?

It was towed illegally by my friend so I dont want him to get in trouble if they see him on CCTV. We also technically abandoned it to get the V5 so dont want the 2.5k fine for abandoning a vehicle. But I also dont want it to crop up a few months down the line when its found burned out, or dumped somewhere. So I cant really report it stolen can I? Also what do I do, just keep sorning it every year??

Plus I was hoping to put the 150 quid Id get in scrap to pay some balance off my credit card :( looks like thats gone down the plug

Sounds like a fine mess ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58020[/ATTACH]

However, it may well be that technically you haven't abandoned it.

Abandonment means to leave an item without any intention to return and with an intention not give up ownership so that the thing becomes a "res nullius" - a no thing.

I don't think that happened here. Please link me to the offence in question.

Whatever, I don't think that you want this problem following you around and so the best thing is to report it and to be straight about it so that at least any hole you are in will stop getting any deeper and you will still be able to climb out.

Do you think the Police will be that interested in investigating when they are struggling with resources ? I think you just need to tell them that the car was towed to just outside the scrapyard, you had to return home to get the V5 and when you got back the car had vanished. It will just get reported as stolen and you should report this to DVLA as well. That will be the end of the matter, unless it turns up.

I suspect that someone connected to the scrapyard has taken it to strip it down for parts to sell and the rest will go in with other misc scrap. Old cars are worth more now to strip into parts and the rest will go through the crusher.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's millions to one that it will be restored and put back on the road, so just sign your bit of the V5 and send it off to the DVLA as scrapped.

It's millions to one that it will be restored and put back on the road, so just sign your bit of the V5 and send it off to the DVLA as scrapped.

I though you had to get a certificate from the scrappers to do that .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There's nothing to stop a person dismantling the bodywork and selling the panels until there is nothing left so that would be scrapped.

There's nothing to stop a person dismantling the bodywork and selling the panels until there is nothing left so that would be scrapped.

My partner restores cars as a hobby, you definately need a certificate of destruction from a scrap yard. As we dismantled for parts and still had to take the chassis plates to scrappy.

I don't think police will investigate but I am worried if it's an inspection week or something and their all on best behaviour. Knowing my luck it would be the one claim the do investigate.

I don't think it will be restored. There are only 33 left in the uk and I owned 4,and you can't pay people to take them.

Has anyone ever got fined for a car being burned out somewhere

So are you saying you had to take the bulkhead and boot floor etc to the scrappy, with the number etched into the metal, what if they had been purchased ?

So are you saying you had to take the bulkhead and boot floor etc to the scrappy, with the number etched into the metal, what if they had been purchased ?

Ok, I understand there is a fee, so update what I said earlier, any way they can make a penny they will.

In the past I had to take the metal plate from the chassis into scrapyard to get a cert of destruction.

I just bit the bullet today and reported it stolen :/ hopefully thats the last I will here.

You can now give the DVLA a crime number should they require one. Very unlikely you will hear anything as the police don't have the resources and if it was taken into the scrappy and they visit, the scrappy only has to say it was abandoned outside there gate.