P.I.P. Backpay

THNX4THT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter (aged 17) has just been awarded standard rate care for P.I.P Her claim starts from 24th March. She was admitted into hospital for 2 1/2 days....29th May to 31st May, 31st May being the day she returned home.

She has received a letter to say that she will receive back payment but not from 24th March the start date of her claim but 31st May. She was expecting £600 and now she has been told her back pay is £78.41 for period 31st May till 9th June.

Is this right??? I understand that if you're admitted into hospital you wont get care component for the time you spend away from home, but should'nt that just be for the length of time you're in hospital?

Anyone got any ideas???

ps Im ringing them on Monday, but just thought Id ask in case this is correct, it just doesn't sound right to me!

To claim PIP, you must have the needs for 3 months before and expect them to last for at least 9 months. Or did she have the care needs at least 3 months before applying?

Thanks for replying : Yes, the problem initially started when she was about 10, but was formally diagnosed about a year ago. She has been awarded the PIP for 4 years. Another hospital admittance has been put on hold by CAMHS in the hope she can be cured within the community rather than hospitalization.

This doesn't sound right and could be an input error. A person who isn't already receiving pip isn't entitled while in hospital (usually they can receive for 28 days), but this doesn't stop entitlement before and after.

Has there been any mention on the award letter of the period from 24th March or why it has been disallowed - for instance due to something other than the hospital issue - is your daughter recently sick/disabled?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

This doesn't sound right and could be an input error. A person who isn't already receiving pip isn't entitled while in hospital (usually they can receive for 28 days), but this doesn't stop entitlement before and after.

Has there been any mention on the award letter of the period from 24th March or why it has been disallowed - for instance due to something other than the hospital issue - is your daughter recently sick/disabled?

She has Anorexia Nervosa. Has been for many years but diagnosed formally about a year ago. The letter states:

"I've decided you're entitled to the Daily Living Component of PIP at the standard rate of £54.45 a week from 24th March 2015 to 3rd June 2019 (both dates included)".

"Although you're entitled, you can't be paid the Daily Living Component of PIP from 24th March to 30th May (both dates included) as you've been in hospital or a similar place".

Under "How we'll pay you it states :

We'll pay you ££ into your account on 17th June. This is for the PIP that we owe you from 24th March 2015 to 9th June 2015. This covers all arrears due to you.

The back pay is less than £100. I didn't think it was right that someone could lose their entitlement over 2 days in hospital a matter of 2 weeks ago, it makes no sense to me. Fingers are well and truly crossed on the input error!!! lol As far as I can tell, the back pay is in fact from, 31st May up until 9th June

I just don't understand why being in hospital for 2 days at the end of May stops her from PIP entitlement before, ie from 24th March up until 29th May (29th May when she went in to hospital and they've recommenced the payment from 31st May).Thanks for reply, fingers crossed its a slip of the finger, an input error as you say!

She has Anorexia Nervosa. Has been for many years but diagnosed formally about a year ago. The letter states:

"I've decided you're entitled to the Daily Living Component of PIP at the standard rate of £54.45 a week from 24th March 2015 to 3rd June 2019 (both dates included)".

"Although you're entitled, you can't be paid the Daily Living Component of PIP from 24th March to 30th May (both dates included) as you've been in hospital or a similar place".

Under "How we'll pay you it states :

We'll pay you ££ into your account on 17th June. This is for the PIP that we owe you from 24th March 2015 to 9th June 2015. This covers all arrears due to you.

The back pay is less than £100. I didn't think it was right that someone could lose their entitlement over 2 days in hospital a matter of 2 weeks ago, it makes no sense to me. Fingers are well and truly crossed on the input error!!! lol As far as I can tell, the back pay is in fact from, 31st May up until 9th June

I just don't understand why being in hospital for 2 days at the end of May stops her from PIP entitlement before, ie from 24th March up until 29th May (29th May when she went in to hospital and they've recommenced the payment from 31st May).Thanks for reply, fingers crossed its a slip of the finger, an input error as you say!

Request a mandatory reconsideration on the grounds that the dates she was in hospital are incorrect, you may be able to request this over the phone, but be sure to follow it with a confirmation letter.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop