Groker

10 Year old council tax debt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Afternoon folks,

First time posting here so if I have posted in the wrong section my apologies.

Anyway, I need some advice. Today 13.06.2015 I received a notice from Scott & Co stating that I was due £3100 in council tax debt from 2003 to 2005. I do not believe this to be the case as at the time they arrested my wages to take payment for this and approximately a year to a year and a half after the arrestment had finished they even gave me back £700 for over payment which at the time I confirmed through my bank because £700 payments that you weren't expecting are a bit suspicious.

I had been in contact with Scott & co once the arrestment had finished at which point they confirmed that I had no more outstanding CT debt.

I have read that there may be a limitation on these things but other sources seem to say not so for CT debt.

I plan on visiting my local (Aberdeen) Citizens advice office on Monday but any Advice in the meantime would be really very helpful.

Limitation of 6 years after tax became due under regulation 34(3) and limitations act would also apply to any court order so if your last payment was before 12.06.2009 it will be statute barred anyway.

Hello and Welcome Groker,

They have up to 20 years to chase Council Tax in Scotland.

Ask Scott & Co to give you a breakdown of all payments made to them over the years, you could also send a SAR to your Council, this will let you know the score regarding all payments made ect.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert