Community Care Grant

SealTeam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just been released from custody after serving 5 years. Ive signed on and received Job seekers. Im privately renting accommodation in a three bedroom unfurnished house. I applied for Social Fund application to the sum of £2037. Among the items that I applied for was clothing as I lost over 4 stone in weight during my sentence and left prison with just pair of track bottoms, 2 t shirts, pair trainers, pair of boots and a coat. The prison has record of all of this. The other items I applied for were essential things like cooker, fridge, washing machine, bed, mattress and other household items. Any furniture I had previous was put in storage and has been sold or dumped by the so called friend and he has since left the country leaving me with nothing. I am trying to rebuild my life and career as I have qualified as a Microsoft Certified Professional and a Level 2 Gym Instructor. I am looking to go to college in September to attain my Level 3 Personal Trainer as this is the career path i want to follow. I have been turned down for the social fund payment in the later i received yesterday. It says i have a right to appeal. Where do I go from now?

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Someone here will now about appealing, but I'm afraid I don't.

Are you in touch with organisations for ex-offenders like NACRO? Something else you could look at for all the things you mention is your local freegle site, where possessions are recycled to other people. Do you have a probation officer?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Recycling Centers can also be a gold mine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

are you in Northern Ireland as CCG's aren't available in the rest of UK?

If you are in NI then you have the right to challenge the decision. The first step is to write asking for a review and explaining why the decision is wrong in your opinion.

Have you been told on what grounds you were refused?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop