MKDP - Formal Demand - Statute Barred Debt

jayjays
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received two letters today for "formal demand for payment made in accordance with the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct of the Civil Procedure Rules". These are for an HSBC overdraft and Credit Card that I know are statute barred. Should I reply now with the SB letter or wait for the claim forms?

If you're 100% certain they're SB, string them along and wait for the claim forms.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks, yes I'm 100%. The defaults were removed from my credit file in March last year and I haven't made any contact about these two accounts since the last payments (over 7 years ago). I have done a bit of reading on this Practice Direction stuff, will it not matter at all that I have not responded but then subsequently use SB as a defence to have any possible claims struck out?

AFAIK, no it won't.

There are numerous threads on here of DCA's threatening court action, who simply use it as

a debt collection tool, the issuing of SD's for example is a perfect example.

So it could just be hot air, after all, this has been printed and spat out by their computer, no individual will

have any knowledge as to what stage you are in the threatogramme cycle, and is likely nothing more than

their attempt to get you to put your head above the parapet so they can restart harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!