PCN from Athena ANPR from Lidl Crowthorne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recived a Civil Parking Change Notice from Athnea ANPR showing photos of my car entering and departing Lidl Crowthonre on the 03/06/2015.

The Charge is £60.00 with a discount for paying early of £25

The Issue Date was 05/06/15

Photo shows my car entering at 09:22 on the 03/06/15

Next Photo shows my car exiting at 11:37 on the same day.

This would have exceed the posted 2 hour "Free" parking period by 15 minutes, total time in car park 02:15:14

What should i do?

Obvious one for this one is to ask for proof that you were PARKED for that length of time and to remind them of the BPA code of practice regarding overstays of less than 15 minutes and ask them if they are willing to self-report to the BPA for their consideration as to whether the demand was properly issued as you certainly will.

No, it is because if you identify the driver a contract is formed and they are f**ked as they have little chance of getting the claim beaten as a contractual obligation is formed in almost all circumstances. When the driver is unknown the parking co has a lot of hoops to jump through to get the keeper to be liable so the more hoops the greater the chances of them getting it wrong procedurally.

So, dont mention anything you have said as it means diddly squat and jsut keep the statement to them brief. Also, as ANPR dont belong to an ATA at present and are subject to a very recent court ruling they have little chance of claiming against the keeper as they have obtained those details unlawfully. If they continue to be stupid then they will never be allowed to join one of the Trade Associations and could get barred from using civil procedure (ie court) If they have a better Code of Practice than the BPA published somewhere then they can quote it but dont you be doing their work for them, make them pay for everything and get nothing.

Again many many thanks, I assume that the best way to respond is as you described in my other post for the Lidi (Athena) one, i.e. by post with a receipt. I'll write up something later and check back here that is ok.

these bloody things are like buses, never had one before and now two in one week!

reply as above, thy broke the CoP by issing and they should cancel.

They will nevr go near a court because once you quote a CoP they have to show why they dont stick to it and that means that they must have something better and they dont. If they persist then they cannot rely upon the PoFA to chase the keeper because they have obtained the details unlawfully.

Please advise, if the follow is sufficenet or too much to send to Athena Ltd.

Athena ANPR Ltd

PO Box 306

Chertsey, KT16 6ED

Dear Athena ANPR Ltd:

Can you provide me with proof that my vehicle (xxxxx xxx) was parked for the claimed length of time in the ANPR notice of 2 hour 15 minutes and 15 seconds, in Lidl’s free car park on the 3rd June 2015?

The BPA has a code of practice regarding overstays of less than 15 minutes are you willing to self-report to the BPA for their consideration as to whether the demand was properly issued, before I do?

Your faithfully,

uessh

Edited by ploddertom
Removed identifiers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Team,

I have received the attached from Athena,

They are asking me to send a receipt in, I have no idea if i have a receipt from that day or one earlier (I'm travelling with work and all Lidl receipts would be at home), normally I would not keep a receipt from there so it's unlikely i would have one.

I get the feeling they are either trying to get me to show who shopped there or that they had something to show Lidl they would drop it easily.

Your advise would be very welcome.

That letter is dated the 19th, they must have had it ready printed before they got your appeal. Is there a postmark date on the envelope? seems to have taken a long time to get to you.

Perhaps they're trying to time you out for the appeal?

Personally I'd find some receipts and write back asking if they're going to allow your appeal and if not, provide a POPLA code which is going to cost them.

Illegitimi non carborundum