style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, for various reasons I got behind on my Council Tax. I stupidly ignored it for quite some time, but I now wish to sort it out. From what I have been told by my council I have one case open with them and two open with Jacobs. The one with my Council went to court today, but I did not attend. Am I best off starting to pay some off that one on my council’s website?

I am not sure of the exact amounts with Jacobs. Someone from Jacobs did come round in March but I am not sure where the paperwork has ended up. I have been trying to find an email address for them but have been unable to do so, can anyone provide one? Once I have that, am I best off emailing them for a breakdown of each account with fees etc? Are there official letters that I should be sending them? Once I know the exact amounts that I owe, am I best off trying to arrange a payment plan with Jacobs or should I go back to my Council. From what I have read, Jacobs do not normally agree to payment plans, but I cannot afford the whole lot in one go.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's going to take me quite some time to pay off these debts, but I would really like to get structured payments set up.

The one that went to court today they will have obtained a liability order and costs added on to what you owe

You need to contact the council and arrange to pay this by installments if you do nothing this will be passed on to bailiffs and more fees added

Your best bet will be to contact the council and ask them the balance of any outstanding debt that the bailiffs have

If you do nothing you may end up with an enforcement fee on top of what you owe

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I would email initially backed up with a letter in the post - get a free CoP from the Post Office to prove it was posted.

Here's an example of what to write:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great, thank you very much for your help. I will do that. Do you happen to have an email address for them? I looked on their site but wasn't able to find one.