Halifax credit card in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello-this is my big one-£6574-in dispute since January 2012-my name is mispelt on all paperwork they send although it's correct on the application form they have sent as a CCA dated August 1994.

They have sent normal loads of papers re construed etc no details on.

Saying they are not required to produce a copy with primary cardholders signature on,said they won't be entering any more correspondence re the CCA but remind me they can start collection activities and report me to credit agencies

They are not charging % on this balance and haven't heard anything since Jan 2014.

Shall I just sit tight ?

Many thanks for your help-I am sure I have more than paid for this debt with huge % over the years so don't feel too bad :(

Thread moved from Barclay card forum to Halifax

1. Mi-spelt name is De Minimis and not going to help you.

2. When was account opened?

3. They are correct on their stance with the CCA in regards to copy with signature. You may need to obscure personal details and upload the cca provided on here for others to check compliance

4. Why are you no longer making the minimum payment?

5. Any over limit, late payment charges or ppi? If you do not know, Full Subject Access Request and then calculate if it is worth doing a reclaim on the charges PLUS interest in restitution

6. CAG does not support or advocate debt avoidance. BUT we do support people utalising their legal rights in challenging the legality of their debts.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Sorry-what does or why have you speklt your name for me -I can't see where I wrote it-did I ?says you're not going to help me ?

Well I stopped payment since they didn't send a CCA it was an application form,I will scan it later at sisters scanner .

Account was opened 1994.I will SAR these over weekend see what happens.

Many thanks

De Minimis is a latin term

Basically the legal principle is that the law does not care for small things. mispelling your name will not help your case. if they got it completly wrong, that would be different.

Ok, so they failed to comply with cca, then I thin the advice would have been to stop paying them until one turns up.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

please post up what they sent you in their cca reply all guess work otherwise

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.