30 Mins Free pay and display parking PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone,

my brother went for shopping this morning on my car and park in local shopping car park which is provided by local authority with 30 mins free parking. There are pay and displays machines, so everyone who want to park there for 30 mints or less, can press the button and machine will issue a ticket for 30 mins free parking.

my brother dont bother to press the button to get the free parking ticket so he got a PCN. my question , is there any chance to get rid of this PCN by saying that the car park is free for 30 Mints, he only went to shop for three mints and he got ticket? or is displaying a ticket compulsory?

when you enter the car park it shown (pay and display), on PCN the code is (06 Parked without clearly displaying valid pay and display ticket or voucher) observed from 10:37AM to 10:40AM.

any help welcome.

All he can do is plead with them. Does he have a receipt from the shop showing he was there, just around the time the PCN was issued? That would support an appeal, but there's no guarantees. He may or may not get it cancelled.

Taken from a nidirect ebiste about code6

"Contravention code 06 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, etcetera) seen to be parked in a pay and display bay without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket, or have a valid cashless parking event. A five minute observation period will be applied to allow customers adequate time to purchase a pay and display ticket and/or to establish whether loading/unloading is taking place."

this vehicle was only observed for 3 mints.

Taken from a nidirect ebiste about code6

"Contravention code 06 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, etcetera) seen to be parked in a pay and display bay without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket, or have a valid cashless parking event. A five minute observation period will be applied to allow customers adequate time to purchase a pay and display ticket and/or to establish whether loading/unloading is taking place."

this vehicle was only observed for 3 mints.

Was he in Northern Ireland?

Was he in Northern Ireland?

I realized that mistake , I am in London. I Just read the Local authority webiste and it says that 30 Mins parking is free in that car park to help local business. To display ticket for that 30 mints is not mention.