ombudsman determination in my favour but SP fails to abide by it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Simple really, Ombudesman has made adjudication in my favout and part of that is for Scottish Power to cough up £100 and an apology within 28 days. they have failed to do so so I am now wondering about my next step, go back to Ombudsman for determination (equivalent of court order) or go after them myself. awaiting copy of credit file from 1 of the CRA's nothing on the others though but they were threatening to report a debt.

It stems from them getting their customer files confused and sending bills to wrong house so for the DAY I was their customer I havent had a bill buy they wanted hundreds for fuel supplied to another address that i have no relationship with.

Anyone had a similar problem with emphasis on the ignoring ombusdman bit?

Awards by the ombudsman are notoriously mean.

I think that before you decide which way to go, that means that you have to do calculate your losses.

What are you tell us a bit more about what happened

I was their customer for 1 day after a house move. I should have been billed about £2 but they sent the bill to another unconnected addess and then linked the 2 together and billed me for someone else's fuel at the other address. They refused to amend account details and passed it on to debt collectors. I infomed ombudsman who told them to remove erroneous data from their system, bill me correctly and pay me £100 compo for the hassle. They havent done any of it in the allotted time.

My choices are now to go back to ombudsman for last stage determination (higher in law than adjudication) or use the ombudsman's adjudication to go after them in smal claims court. The former will earn them a decent fine, the latter will probably give me more money but I am after embarrassing the life out of them really rather than money so want to know whcih will have the greater effect on them when it comes down to publicity and actually amending their records..

They refused to tell me or the ombudsman why they cocked things up and havent apologised

If you have a compromise in writing from the EO then it's straightforward to enforce it, I have to admit when a business p's me off I drag it out to the Nth degree and ensure I burden it with multiple costs issues because I can not because its necessarily the sensible option.